Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Flight attendant close doors

Hello All,

How do I control what doors the flight attendant would open / close when I request them...

I mainly fly the pmdg 777 - 300 er.

I find sometimes, that the flight attendant would open doors that I don't need, eg. When Jetway connected would open 4L and 5L, or when I request close, would close 2L, and then open 4L and 5L.

I want the flight attendant to only open/close 2L if Jetway is connected, and open/close 2L and 5L when no Jetway, stairs are connected.

Can this be achieved ?.

Many thanks

I also wanted to add that I have GSX installed and use it inalong with MCE.

I want the flight attendant to only open/close 2L if Jetway is connected, and open/close 2L and 5L when no Jetway, stairs are connected.

Can this be achieved ?.

Unfortunately, long ago we took the decision that when asking for doors to be opened, Purser would only open front left door. You can request service doors to be opened, all at once, but not a specific door with a specific command. Let's not forget we support 36+ complex aircraft and it wouldn't be practical to do that as most aircraft don't even have an SDK to work with, save for PMDG 777 & 737 NGX, iFly 737 & 747 and Aerosoft Airbus X.

If the aircraft you're flying supports opening/closing doors using keyboard combinations, you could use the "Voxkey" tool to create custom commands to handle specific doors. Just be aware Voxkey won't care about the initial state the door is in. You speak whatever command you want and a key combo is sent to the sim.