Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Justplanes Aviation Programmes

Hi

Just wondered what viewers opinions are on Justplanes DVD/Blu Ray.  I use to buy them many years ago andf found them quite good, howver I have tried a few on both download and Blu Ray, I find it has declned slightly in terms of:-

.Music in the background 

.Jumping between views on takeoff and landing, I believe multiple camera's.

.A an example of the SAS A340 in IAD, shows the film being fast fwd, and spoils the viewing enjoyment, the Norwegian B787 arriving into BKK with music playing in the background during taxi in.

The sounds in the cockpit seem to have also been turned down, which is fair enough, but again slightly annoying hearing people breathe down the microphone.

I have tried Vikingaviation which is really good, but limited in the amount of programmes available.

I would be interested in other peoples views.

Thanks

Jake

I agree with you. Many times the Just Planes make me nervous when I'm trying to pay attention to something and then they cut it, or move the camera somewhere else (through the side window, d'uh...)

I'll watch the Just Planes ones only if I was really interested in a particular airline or aircraft and couldn't find a better source. I do watch their YouTube channel quite frequently for brief "scenes" from the cockpit or external landings/take-offs.

My favorite videos are ITVV and Pilotseye. I don't know anything better than those. The problem is, as always happens with high quality material, there's not much of it!

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I will look into those, in respect of Just Planes these backgroud music spolis it, you want the aviation experience not a concert/opera playing.

I have seen a few people comment about those to JP, but they seem confident its what the audience want, again I am very impressed with Vikingaviation Photos videos, I hope they release more.

Those are the best in my opinion as well, no doubt!

Exactly

I haven't watched JP DVDs in a while, when ever I see their clips preview it now shows even more music, I hope they haven't included more background music etc

My pet hate. :Nerd:

"Cleared for takeoff". Video camera focusing on the ADI and instruments etc....wonderful. Then as you hear "positive rate" the camera then looks out of the left/right window until "flaps up"......This is a crucial phase of flight!... I want to monitor the instruments!!!!!! :fool:

You are right Ed, seen this way to much! I hate it!

Same with the landing Johan. 

"Minimums" ..... and then the camera looks out of the window at the runway!!!  :fool: