Sign in to follow this  
bussgarfield

PFD/ND/Engine Display issues

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem just recently with the PFD,ND and Engine displays. Everything was fine (or at least appeared to be) until  I replaced one of my Nvidia Geforce GT730 GPU's with an Nvidia Geforce GTX960 GPU.

My issue is this. I always open up the NGX in a cold and dark situation. Once I powered up the aircraft, the displays illuminate but there are many details missing ie, on the PFD, no speed or altitude tapes and later once the VNAV and LNAV buttons are pressed on the MCP, I only get the outline of green boxes at the top of the display, Similarly, on the ND, many details are missing and there are no data or way points shown. The engine display does not show any read out of fuel quantity and there are no figures to denote engine speed on start up or running.

This issue applies to all my NGX aircraft. I have loaded different aircraft from my hanger and there are no problems and all displays act as they should. I have not altered any parameters within the CDU or indeed the NGX config.

According to Device Manager, both GPU,s are working fine with no conflicts and I have the latest drivers installed for both too.

I am running FSX on Windows 7 64bit. I have three large screen for the outside visuals through Matrox TH2Go and individual monitors for the PFD and ND's and a seperate monitor for the engine display. The CDU also has it's own video connection.

I replaced the GPU to the GTX 960 because I needed a Display Port connection for the new Matrox TH2Go SE.

Hopefully this is not too vague but it is rather spoiling my enjoyment at the moment.

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Run the installer and select Repair. Sounds like a font file went missing.

Kyle Rodgers

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked. I do not get the option of repair.

When I originally downloaded the NGX what seems many years ago now, I downloaded to disc. When I insert the install disc, Windows gives me the message - The setup has detected that version 1.00.3219 of PMDG 737 8900 NGX is already installed.

This setup installs an earlier version of PMDG 737 8900 NGX (1.00.2888).

You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version.

I think this is the case because since the original installation, I have also installed PMDG 737 NGX SP1, SP1b and SP1c.

Am I going to have to un-install and completely re-install the NGX?

I do not mind doing this but all my knobs and switches in my cockpit are programmed through FSUIPC and I would rather not go through that whole process again if I do not need to.

Gary 

When I originally downloaded the NGX what seems many years ago now, I downloaded to disc.

Did you purchase the DVD version, or did you purchase from our site?

If you purchased from our site, log in, click View Previous Orders, click on your NGX order, and download the latest installer. Once it's downloaded, run the installer and it should prompt you to repair. Sounds like whatever version you have on that disk is out of date.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

No I did not purchase a DVD, I downloaded directly from your site.

I will try that.

Many thanks.

Gary

Downloaded the latest installer and clicked repair - didn't take too long.

Fired up FSX and the NGX. No change. I still cannot get all the data on the displays. Really strange.

Can you suggest anything else please. I am at a loss.

Downloaded the latest installer and clicked repair - didn't take too long.

Fired up FSX and the NGX. No change. I still cannot get all the data on the displays. Really strange.

Can you suggest anything else please. I am at a loss.

Try this:

There is a font found in your pmdg /fonts folder: quartz.
Copy this to your windows fonts folder, right-click it and select "install". 

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I have tried that but it did not work either.

I took the bull by the horns and (given that I downloaded the latest installer) uninstalled the NGX and then re-installed it.

Now all the displays are working correctly. I have no idea why the problem occurred in the first place but everything now seems to be working ok.

Thank you for your time on this matter it is greatly appreciated. The re-installation seems to have cured the problem.

Kindest regards to you guys - as always you are there for us when we need you.

Gary 

Thank you for your time on this matter it is greatly appreciated. The re-installation seems to have cured the problem.

Welcome. Glad that the reinstall fixed it.

Kyle Rodgers