Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

Vector Airport Elevation Corrections

I feel like I am constantly finding airports that need to be corrected.  I did run the Auto Correct.   And have now since fixed some more that it didn't correct during the auto run.  I also know if I run the auto correct again it changes all the ones I had found back.  

My question:  Is there a way to run auto correct without losing the ones you already fixed?   Is that what saving the profile does?

So for example.  Run auto correct.  Load up and KMEM is still sunken.  Go into Vector Config and either disable or enable it depending which side it appears.   So now KMEM is fixed.   

So I'd like to run auto correct again but don't want to lose KMEM that I already fixed.   

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Jason,

You might get a quicker, more informed answer by posing this quetion over at ORBX's forum.  They have a team of support folks that can properly address your issue with Vector.  From what I understand of it, when I used it is that right after installation of Vector, you would need to run the autocorrection tool so it could scan your sim's directory for all airports and make the necessary change.  After you install any other 3rd party airports, run the tool again.  If the autocorrect is flip flopping back and forth, that surely is an issue for the ORBX team.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yeah, thanks Jim.  Unfortunately their forum site is blocked at my work, but will pose that question.  Just want to run the auto correct again but not lose the progress I made fixing the ones I found that were not right.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

If you make a manual change,then the next time you run the configuration tool it is going to undo your changes.  It's the nature of the beast and even states so in the tool.

To keep your manual changes; make them.  Then remove the 'automatic' entries from the 'AEC is Disabled For:' list.

Save the remaining ones, which should consist of your manually fixed entries, using the 'Save Profile As" option.

You can then reapply them any time you run the vector configuration tool.  Just be aware the if you do so, and the one of the scenery areas in the list isn't  active you'll affect the default scenery area.

---------------

Full disclosure:  Having said the above, it's mostly supposition at this point.  I haven't completely fleshed out how it should work.   The profile only consists of disabled scenery, which may  or may not be what you want. 

Ernest Pergrem

I don't think it's as complicated as you seem to be making it.  Let's say you have North America ticked in FTX Central.  So your sim, whichever it is, is ready for you to fly in NA.  Run the Auto Config tool in Vector and after it runs and you hit "apply", *save* the profile as "North America."  The next time you add an airport to any of the full regions which comprise North America, *manually* enter the ICAO code into the "enable" box or "disable" box and see if the airport shows up in that column.  If so, move it over to the other column, hit apply, and resave the profile as "North America."  The same technique can be used for "Global" and even Global with Hybrid, if you so choose, just to be safe when/if you decide to fly into or out of one the full regions.  Start your sim and go to the airport(s) you just installed and see if you need to make a correction to your choice to enable or disable.  Having already run the auto config tool, you never have to run it again, if you manually correct each airport as it is added to your scenery library.  I've done it this way for almost a year and have never had to run the auto config but once.  Occasionally you will run into an airport that the auto config missed.  Go back to vector and make a manual change, save your change under the correct profile and be done with it.  Running the auto config after you've made all those manual changes will indeed mess up your manual changes.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks!   I ended up doing just that last night.  Opened the saved profile in notepad and saw the ones that auto correct didn't find that I had manually fixed.  Ran the auto correction, then just used my list to fixed those not corrected during the auto fix. 

Resaved the profile and should have a good set now. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png