Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

FS crashing on texture load~

Guest Tim W

Hello, I have a problem with FS that has started today, On starting FS I get the the startup screen where you can select a flight. when I select a flight and say "fly now" the sim crashes on installing textures on 0% after about 5 seconds with the usual error message from FS only saying unknown module error,I thought it was Active Sky enhanced, I have removed the program but it is still the same.I have also deactivated all addon sceneries but the default sceneries plus the addon scenery folder and still the same problem happens, as soon as I click on "FLY NOW" and I get the message "Loading scenery" it stays on 0% anf after about 15 seconds I get the error message, the error is in FS9.exe, Mod name = UnknownAny advice appreciatedThanks Timhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Guest firehawk44

If you haven't already, check your scenery.cfg for errors (i.e., Areas/Layers numerical sequence out of order, Areas not in numerical sequence). You should also try renaming FS9.cfg to fs9.old and then restart the sim and let FS9.cfg rebuild. Next, I would start disabling scenery through the scenery library one by one until I found the offending scenery. That's all I can suggest. Maybe another simmer has another/better solution.Regards,Jim

Guest Tim W

Thanks Jim, Done all that. I have no scenery activated except the default. Also tried rebuilding the fs9.cfg too, same problem. I can't think whats causing the crash but it sounds terminal! Somethings obviously got corrupted as it tries to load objects etc.CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Guest firehawk44

Okay Tim, sorry none of my suggestions worked. FYI, after I hit "Fly Now", it starts loading scenery objects, then Terrain, then Adjusting Scenery Objects, then Loading Weather, and finally traffic. Does this problem occur at any airport/location selected? You might try reinstalling your scenery objects by extracting them off your FS9 CD into your scenery folder. Also, since your error message does not indicate an offending module, it could be an external problem to FS9 like your video card drivers. Corrupted drivers create all kinds of problems w/i FS9. Hope you can get it fixed w/o totally reinstalling.Ciao,Jim

Guest Tim W

Hi JimNo, it is the same everywhere, it never gets past 0% and after about 5 secs, the crash message comes up but there's no info in the message to give me a clue as to where the problem is.I'll keep plugging away with it and see if I can find out what it is. It's just odd that it's started happening all of a sudden. I wll try the scenery objects suggestion you had.ThanksTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

I've recently had problems similar to this due to autumn textures. Have you tried rolling back the date/time to summer again? If this is the culprit there are a couple of fixes on the forums. I found one that had me change some settings in the terrain.cfg file and it seems to be working fine.If you post that this is the problem, I will dig up the solution I found and post it for you.Regards,Paul

Guest Tim W

Thanks Paul, My default flight that I set up myself with the Cessna always shows January when I get the select fliught screen, I always have to physically change the date to present day before clicking "fly now" so I don't think that can be the problem. I appreciate you taking the time to post though.CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif