Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

FSX CTD-777

Hello, I've been having FSX /777 crash at random times, sometimes 2 hrs. , sometimes 3 or 4. I'm using ASNEXT, & American SMARTCARS addons when flying. See error logs below, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I'm using Windows 10

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61472.0
Application Timestamp: 475e17d3
Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.9.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 51862b2f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000383d0
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 31974e4f25d245cb579b9c8b0e1fe0dc (-433516719)

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.10586.122
Fault Module Timestamp: 56cc16f5
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 0004a13d
Additional Information 1: 2d75
Additional Information 2: 2d7569cf3df0b9d33488560ef0256656
Additional Information 3: a10e
Additional Information 4: a10e2eb7cdb162528bdd3a43abead58c

Bucket ID: 11137290c435e654ff9e3f085c92a8af (107999674913)

UPS123.png

Hello, I've been having FSX /777 crash at random times, sometimes 2 hrs. , sometimes 3 or 4. I'm using ASNEXT, & American SMARTCARS addons when flying. See error logs below, any help would be appreciated.

First one is FSUIPC. As David mentioned, you will need to either ensure you have the proper/latest version of FSUIPC, or seek support from them.

The second one is a generic dll error that's usually a result with an error in your graphics card drivers.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys, I've updated both items, I'll do a test flight this weekend and see how it goes.

UPS123.png

Problem signature
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.10586.122
Fault Module Timestamp: 56cc16f5
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 0004a13d
Additional Information 1: 2d75
Additional Information 2: 2d7569cf3df0b9d33488560ef0256656
Additional Information 3: a10e
Additional Information 4: a10e2eb7cdb162528bdd3a43abead58c

Bucket ID: 11137290c435e654ff9e3f085c92a8af (107999674913)

Rob, 

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro last week, and while it was a surprisingly hassle free process, my P3D 3.2.2 began crashing due to ntdll.dll etc. 

Twice on 2-3 hour NGX flights and two days ago on final approach after a 14hour OMDB-SBGR in the PMDG777. The NGX crashes never resulted in a Windows error report, the PMDG777 did, and ntdll.dll was the faulting module. 

First time I have ever suffered CTD's in P3D V3 and this made me instantly regret upgrading to Win 10 as I never had anything of the sort under Win 7.

Here is what I did after:

1. I repaired/re-installed the Microsoft V C++ runtime packages. (PMDG upses VC++2010 for the NGX/B777). Not sure how relevant this one was, but I wanted to make sure i corrected anything if it had become corrupt following the Win 10 upgrade.

2. Open a command prompt (admin) by right clicking on the windows button on the task bar (bottom left), then enter sfc /scannow 
This will run 5-10 minutes and scan the windows components for any corrupt files. To my surprise it found quite a few and made the relevant repairs successfully. Subsequent runs confirmed there were no longer any corrupt windows files. I suspect this was caused by the Windows 10 upgrade process and may be at fault here!

3. Just in case and to play it safe with permission etc., I now set P3D to permanently run as admin (you can set this under the properties/compatibility tab). 

4. I know you use FSX, and so this last step doesnt apply to you, but I went ahead and uninstalled the P3D 3.2.2 client and installed the 3.2.3 client. Supposedly the latest minor client update only addressed a license activation issue, so it may be irrelevant anyways. In any case we both suffered from the same ntdll.dll crash which I never had before upgrading to Win 10...

Following these steps I successfully flew a ~14h SBGR-OMDB return, and had no issues whatsoever. I also went ahead and did a problem free TNCM-KMIA in the NGX. If I can knock out another 2 flights on each type, without issues then it is back to normal and not having to save the flight every few hours (just in case). 

I suggest you try step 2. first and see if what the sfc /scannow tells you. 

Here is 

Thanks Leo. i ran the scannow (admin) and it didnt find any integrity issues. I repaired the C++ 2010 version, well see what happens, thanks for the help!

UPS123.png

Thanks Leo. i ran the scannow (admin) and it didnt find any integrity issues. I repaired the C++ 2010 version, well see what happens, thanks for the help!

Hey Rob,

Any news?

I have since flown GRU-DXB, countless 1-3hour NGX flights, and DXB-ORD-DXB. All without issue as was always the case in P3D V3.

I dont know if sfc /scannow or repairing the VC++ 2010 did it, but its all back to normal on my end.

After upgrading to Win10 two things I would check; there may be problems of file/folder permissions or simconnect versions missing.

First of all ntdll.dll CTDs can happen with an incomplete simconnect stack, install the 3 .msi's from FSX era and also reinstall the esp client - belts and braces:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\ESPv1\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Secondly, there can be issues of permissions after a Win10 upgrade. If it's elevated privileges we need then we can Run as Admin. But since elevating privileges does not always allocate the required permissions we need, if it's permissions that are needed we should instead provide those permissions. A regular P3D install would require that the Users group has Modify permission on the P3D installation folder:

Right-click on the P3D install folder in Explorer, choose Properties from the popup menu, choose the security tab, press Edit, choose the Users group, check the Modify permission, Apply, OK.

Even if these checks do not resolve the problems, I would always make these changes to every P3D installation before use.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi guys, I completed all the steps & so far so good! Thx for the help!!

UPS123.png

And sometimes other installers install their own c++ redistributables. I've found some sceneries, I didn't write down the names though, have installed other language c++ installers that can conflict with the English installers PMDG installs. Look at your listed applications in the add/remove programs list for duplicate c++ you should only have 2 for each year, an x86 and x64 - David Lee