Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

Did I properly update my P3D?

I followed a guide on this topic to update my P3D. The process involved deleting some programs from the add/remove programs feature of the Control Panel in windows. Those were "client, content, and scenery" but I opted to only uninstall the client, and then download a ~150MB file from my p3d account page. Things SEEM to work fine. But now, I am unsure how my add-ons have been integrated. For example, I cannot get the GSX window to come up. I read I now have to uninstall the "content" part of p3d but it may override my FTX scenery.

I am lost and confused. I have some computer knowledge but I always fear losing my add-ons when I play around with these little components of p3d. Many of these add-ons scare me, saying that they are allowed only for one time use on one PC only.

Can someome link me to a guide that will simply uninstall p3d, reinstall it, and keep all of my add-ons as they were, without having to purchase new licenses?

Thanks for your time and understanding.

I followed a guide on this topic to update my P3D. The process involved deleting some programs from the add/remove programs feature of the Control Panel in windows. Those were "client, content, and scenery" but I opted to only uninstall the client, and then download a ~150MB file from my p3d account page. Things SEEM to work fine. But now, I am unsure how my add-ons have been integrated. For example, I cannot get the GSX window to come up. I read I now have to uninstall the "content" part of p3d but it may override my FTX scenery.

I am lost and confused. I have some computer knowledge but I always fear losing my add-ons when I play around with these little components of p3d. Many of these add-ons scare me, saying that they are allowed only for one time use on one PC only.

Can someome link me to a guide that will simply uninstall p3d, reinstall it, and keep all of my add-ons as they were, without having to purchase new licenses?

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Don't bother with scenery, all it does is a a bit more foliage and most people didn't upgrade it. You do need to do content, in the same way you did client, uninstall ( not delete) the client you have and install the new client in order to get anything that uses a textbox like GSX or Pro ATC. Make certain that in the folder for client .msi that you have the contd1.cab file or it will not work. You then should download and install the latest GSX, or the add on manager for the FSDT website. You may also have to install the ASN latest beta, and FSUIPC. If you don't do the scenery, you won't have to re-install any of your scenery . 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484945-how-do-i-update-prepar3d-v3-using-the-new-installers/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310