Sign in to follow this  
torium

DTG Flight School - Approach & Landing Lesson

The audio is a little out of sync

But anyway, it looks good (even tho i woudn't be able to say if that was Flight School or FSX), but i don't see dynamic cockpit shadows! 

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I don't think it that good at all. There where obvious stutters and jerks in the game play. Could have been YouTube but I doubt it. If I can produce perfectly smooth Prepar3D videos on YouTube on would think that DTG could!

Well, what I expected. In the end, this is nothing more than a Prepar3d v3 simulator with eye-hurting HDR settings and a nice local scenery such as provided by ORBX. Not even the Piper Cub VC is really amazing me.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Guys, why don't you pay a little more attention to the actual content instead of the scenery/performance, which can be subject to many other variable parameters anyway...

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Well, what I expected. In the end, this is nothing more than a Prepar3d v3 simulator with eye-hurting HDR settings and a nice local scenery such as provided by ORBX. Not even the Piper Cub VC is really amazing me.

It's very obvious you are looking at this issue through a agenda plagued lens.

ESP is pretty much a finished game - unlike how different you can get Unity to look I doubt you could change ESP to look completely different, yet still be in the vein of realistic flight simulation.

While P3DV3 has many eye candy features I'd wager DFS stands up well - it's performance tweaks, PBR and 64 bit wage very well for it's success in the current gen market. 

Can I also say just how silly arguing that this is nothing more than P3DV2 is - it is a $15 product for the consumer market, compared to the $200 price tag on P3D, or $60 if you're a student. That's only 1/3 of my argument, the other 2/3 is that P3D doesn't offer anything groundbreakingly new like you all seem to want. In your words, it is "basically just FSX" with a few eye candy tweaks.

• Upvote 4

Which actual content? The nice little rose on the upper left corner for those not capable of reading the rose in the VC? The nice instructor talking via letter box with you? The non-existent weather? I am not sure, what you are talking about, sorry...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Which actual content? The nice little rose on the upper left corner for those not capable of reading the rose in the VC? The nice instructor talking via letter box with you? The non-existent weather? I am not sure, what you are talking about, sorry...

I don't know where you've been getting your information recently but clearly nowhere that's helped you understand this is a product for beginners to simming, which applies to nearly no-one here. The baby-step visuals and the 'nice instructor' as you so sneeringly say, are entirely appropriate.

In terms of a teaser for what's to come in the future I'm really pleased with this video. Clearly there's some stuttering (which may be the video compression but...), blurriness and no weather / shadows to push the engine but there's an amazing amount of autogen being fairly smoothly rendered which looks pretty good. Considering this is a $15 game and it covers the world, I'd say there's a lot to be optimistic about.

My expectations for the full-sim at the end of the year just went up a bit.

• Upvote 8

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My expectations for the full-sim at the end of the year just went up a bit.

That's the point I do not really understand. The full-sim end of the year will be exactly the same thing. Do you really think that there will be a lot of differences? What leads you to this assumption?

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

For a 15€ product it looks very decent, I think. If you've only played stock FSX:SE so far, it will be a massive upgrade thanks to ORBX scenery and the nicely detailed plane alone. Can't tell much about the quality of instructor lessons at this point though.

Which part of the phrase 'Flight School' are you failing to understand....?

• Upvote 4

Which part of the phrase 'Flight School' are you failing to understand....?

The part of "Flight School" that is "looking great" according to Alpha Floors post... I do not see anything "looking great" in regard to "content", sorry.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

The part of "Flight School" that is "looking great" according to Alpha Floors post... I do not see anything "looking great" in regard to "content", sorry.

When I say "looking great" I'm not necesarilly just talking about how it literally "looks", but how the content is. As an instruction video I think it's quite good.

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I think that this game,being aimed at beginners, is entirely appropriate. It's cheap, easy to comprehend (these aren't even sim pilots we are talking about) and has decent visuals. Not for me, but I think it hits the mark so far.

• Upvote 4