Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

PIREP on 34" 21:9 Monitors ?

Hi Folks,

Been considering a replacement for my tried and true 4:3... I have a top end GTX970 to drive it... The Aerosoft guys have been raving about their new LG 21:9's... I watched a video on YouTube comparing fields of view in FS between the various aspect rations - and - I think I'm sold...

So - the most prevalent critical comments I see are always complaining about backlight bleed... Is it really that big a deal ???

Curved or Flat ??? Does one have more backlight bleed than the other ???

Do I need Thunderbolt - this is for Apple machines only - right ???

I'm leaning towards the Dell U3415W - seems like the most popular - anyone have this - LG better ???

Anything else I should consider ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the Dell. There is backlight bleed in corners. when screen is black (how often is that in real life :) Apart from that, I am quite satisfied with the monitor. Moved up from a 32 inch 1080p TV and the difference is remarkable. I am biased though.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the feedback - yeah - I think I may go this route...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Anytime

I considered a 21:9 monitor but decided that the vertical dimension was too small - about the same as my old 1900x1200 monitor I had been using for many years. So went for a 40 inch 3840x2160 (4K) monitor instead at about the same or less cost. Now I see there is a 43 inch version of this monitor - even better.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I have the Dell U3415W and I'm really happy with it. There is bleed from the backlight in the corners but only visible with a black screen. I'm running a GTX 970 and have been struggling with blurries in P3D. Maybe I need to get me a GTX 980 ti.