Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

AFD files location

A  tad frustrated with the search engine, I must say, after typing "AFD files FSX" in any way shape or form, I have not seen a single topic on this on AVSIM, I am sure it cant be true after ball these years of FSX, anyway...

I am getting AI traffic planes under the surface of my DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - UUEE MOSCOW SHEREMETYEVO X FSX add-on and many unsuitable textures. I suspect this is the result of duplicate AFCAD. But I have no idea where to look for the duplicate file in question, I looked in Scenery/World/Scenery but all I find here are my AI traffic bgl (World of AI). With FS9, we had a freeware tool for that (Scan AFCAD), but I could not find one for FSX.

Could anyone please guide me to the correct location where I can find those AI AFCAD files and correct/remove the UUEE culprit? I would be grateful for your help.

Instead of duplicate AFD files, I suggest you are missing one.

If the UUEE addon has an easily recognizable AFD file place a copy of it in ...\Scenery\World\scenery.

The problem is a result of a "bug" in FS where AI uses the first airport elevation that gets read from the scenery files.

When developers change an airport's elevation we need an airport elevation correction AFD file, or "stub afcad", placed in ...\Scenery\World\scenery so that the addon airport's elevation gets read before the default one.

The latest Beta version of Airport Design Editor includes a utility that will scan for duplicate afcad files.

There is also a stand alone version here- http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thank you for the feedback Joe, unfortunately I cannot find any file in UUEE scenery that would control AI traffic. I think one way would be to remove the AFCAD file of World of AI for that airport OR the default one, but I dont have an¥ idea where to find those...!

Any help would really be appreciated.

World of AI does not provide any afcads.

There is no such thing as a "default afcad", the default airport data is spread out over a couple files that cover many airports, not just one.

I suggest you start by getting the Simple Airport Scanner I linked to and run it.

It should give you the file name for the UUEE afcad. When it does place a copy of it in ...\Scenery\World\scenery.

Another option would be to get Airport Design Editor from the same link and use it to create your own "stub afcad". Note that to do this you will need to have the SDK installed.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Again many thanks Joe. There is no AFCAD or similar file identified when using SAS. Support does not reply to my several messages, so I will seek a refund. Have a great day!