Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Michiganders..you WANT Aerosoft City X-Detroit, yes...you do! LOL!

What it does for the G.D.A, the Detroit river on both sides of the border...Willow Run, etc...etc...adding all the missing islands in the river...all of it...is a must have, if you ever are around Detroit, work there...play there....drive through.there...take vacations out of KDTW....whatever...you want this...lol.

Trust me...you want to go get this package...

2016_4_26_17_15_16_642.png

2016_4_26_17_23_14_69.png

2016_4_26_17_23_25_552.png

2016_4_26_17_30_39_953.png

Will be great when SunSky finishes their freeware KDTW soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

meh...no Seasonal Textures, no nigh lighting...not for me.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Wha?   Yep..night lighting...yes, seasonal textures...wha?

Will be great when SunSky finishes their freeware KDTW soon.

2 years waiting...don't hold your breath!  ;)

Mitch, which one of your sims is this? I can't see any road traffic.

Mitch, which one of your sims is this? I can't see any road traffic.

It is P3D v3.2.3.  I didn't let it have time to spawn, I guess before taking the shot.  I can assure that road traffic travels across the photo-real, and all my Aerosoft on that weekend list, are U.T. aware. There is a box you check off on installation asking if you use either USA or Canada U.T. products.  I boxed it as yes....and I saw after installation, that all the photo-real aligned right into the U.T. vector roads.  I thought that was cool.  This product also reshaped (terraforms, lol) the shores of the Detroit River and western side of Lake St.Clair. It also includes the island of Gross Ile, as well as others missing from FSX/P3D.  You get so much more than merely KDTW.  I'm having fun exploring it.  Even the Ambassador Bridge which you see in these shots, is now properly aligned with the U.T. vector roads that I have for both the U.S, and Canada.  Way cool!

Some of that river traffic is not the boat package, but actually elements of Aerosoft City X-Detroit.  The same for Aerosoft City X-Boston.  That is a beaut!  I haven't taken snaps of that yet...but....lawrd...it is massive coverage! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mitch

Snap taken with my now having Airport Traffic (in the Traffic Section) as always at 100 percent. No FPS hit for this feature, whatsoever.:

MyTraffic 5.c at 35 percent (my personal default setting cross-sim wide.  Only FS9 is set at 100 for MyTraffic.

2016_4_27_13_4_40_711.png

2016_4_27_13_16_18_883.png

Michiganders, if you don't live up in the U.P...this scenery is truly a no brainer...and it even delves slightly across the border into Canada, because of the shores of the Detroit River, and its run...  I state about not living up in the U.P. only because most Yoopers don't do much below Mackinaw, LOL.  Oh..and keep your Black Flies...right up there...No Seeums, and those dreadful Mossie's...all this not allowed below Mackinaw...!!!!   LOL   :wink:

2016_4_27_13_16_18_883.png

Wha?   Yep..night lighting...yes, seasonal textures...wha?

did they update this? i have this package but at night the city looks like a bunch of black tiles, similar to their chicago scenery also. it looks nice during the day though. i don't think mine had winter textures either although i don't remember for sure.

the updated AFCADs for the michigan airports are great though and worth it even with the city scenery turned off. my uncle used to take me to eat lunch and watch airplanes at KPTK all the time when i was a kid so that is one of my favorite spots to fly from/to.

cheers

-andy crosby

I bought this scenery for FSX some years ago and wasn't too impressed with it, but it was a lot better than their Chicago scenery IMO. 

Anyhow, its one of the few sceneries I bought for FSX, that converted well to X-plane with no effort, So I use it in XP10 now.

Rob 

full-13972-108933-12_zpsfawrbfdb.jpg

I bought this scenery for FSX some years ago and wasn't too impressed with it, but it was a lot better than their Chicago scenery IMO. 

Anyhow, its one of the few sceneries I bought for FSX, that converted well to X-plane with no effort, So I use it in XP10 now.

Rob 

full-13972-108933-12_zpsfawrbfdb.jpg

Rob...can you walk me through that?  How do you do it, to get it into XPlane...and thanks!

Mitch

did they update this? i have this package but at night the city looks like a bunch of black tiles, similar to their chicago scenery also. it looks nice during the day though. i don't think mine had winter textures either although i don't remember for sure.

the updated AFCADs for the michigan airports are great though and worth it even with the city scenery turned off. my uncle used to take me to eat lunch and watch airplanes at KPTK all the time when i was a kid so that is one of my favorite spots to fly from/to.

cheers

-andy crosby

I'll have to take some night shots...but here is a shot of the mouth of the Detroit on the Lake St. Clair side.  I am really loving this purchase...brings to life the area, IMPO.  The Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario skyline looks great inside P3D v2.3.2! 

2016_4_27_13_46_56_648.png

I stand corrected...I wasn't over the city, when I 'thought' I saw the downtown lit up...from a distance...

You are right...still a black out.  Now I don't understand why they would do that...that's definitely a negative for the Areosoft Crew., 

Well, bummer on that lack of a reality...I'll just have to assume that Detroit is having trouble paying their electricity bills....

I'd hope they would update this scenery and turn on the downtown lights, lol.  Everything else is great...

2016_4_27_13_57_6_732.png

It great to see traffic crossing over the bridge...:)

2016_4_27_14_4_4_538.png

Now this shot is on the Ontario, Canada side of the Detroit River...so the Detroit package gives lovin' to both Michigan, and Ontario where they meet on the river.

2016_4_27_14_7_34_932.png

As you can see. Aerosoft City X-Detroit gives much more than merely an upgraded and featured KDTW airport.  Again this is a ship and photo-real on the Canadian side, let alone....the U.S.! ;)

2016_4_27_14_13_0_921.png

2016_4_27_14_17_21_283.png

2016_4_27_14_18_20_977.png

Here is an example of sea traffic going through the proper dredged-out shipping channels in the Detroit River..there are two more coming into to station up the river...  All the islands, and proper shipping channels are now represented. In the background beyond the ship, is Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

2016_4_27_14_24_18_493.png

Final pic to highlight the far reaching and what might be missed, inclusion from Aerosoft City X-Detroit. This shot is tens of miles from KDTW, and just about at the mouth of the Detroit and into Lake Erie.  Those private residence docks below me, are not ORBX Global, but in fact placed there by the above package. So...even detail that you might miss...but they didn't....is here.  That the Detroit downtown has no night lights..is a big blooper for Aerosoft, but it is NOT a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. There is so much more to it all...that that can be forgiven. It does look great at Dawn Day, and Dusk....(the city proper...)

I again recommend this scenery purchase for those on BOTH sides of the border that live within 80-100 miles of Detroit/Windsor. It will add immeasurably to your immersion level. It does for me!

2016_4_27_14_29_39_963.png

Are you running this with Orbx Vector by any chance?  When I installed this Detroit product, I had buildings sticking out of the Detroit River.  I wasn't impressed in the slightest.

Are you running this with Orbx Vector by any chance?  When I installed this Detroit product, I had buildings sticking out of the Detroit River.  I wasn't impressed in the slightest.

Nope...I deleted ORBX vector from all my installations.  Not impressed with it. I went back to U.T. Greg.  As you can see, no problems...AND, this product actually asks you during installation if you are running U.T. products.  No night light maps for all the downtown buildings is a blunder on their part...but if that is the only blunder, for the scope of what I have seen...then I can certainly live with it.  Besides, I'm not too sure if Detroit Council has the funds right now to HAVE the lights on at night...so...perhaps more realistic, than not...(typed with tongue-in-cheek!)

Go into your Scenery Library, and uncheck all the VECTOR bullets...and see what that does...

Very happy with it..very.

NOTAM to purchasers.  

If you have the ORBX freeware airports and you are enjoying Windsor CYQG...then all you have to do, is go into your Aerosoft/Detroit/Scenery Folder and make a new folder within that. Then MOVE both CYQG, one af2, and one arial view of that airport to this folder and name it Taken out of service airport. That's all you have to do. Then when you next fire up P3D or FSX,  you will now get back the ORBX freeware Windsor, Ontario CYQG.  If you wish to have the Aerosoft....then you need to go into your ORBX freeware N.A. folder and disable the CYQG found in that folder.  One, or the other....:)

Ses