Sign in to follow this  
brucek

New install

I'm trying a new install of XPX to try and address an issue I am experiencing with the new IXEG B733. Can someone please remind me of what I should download and install into a new XP instance (libraries, etc.)?

I thought I had documented this back when I last installed XPX (early 2015)... But can't find it.

Thanks, Bruce.

It depends on what addons (scenery etc.) you want to use.

If you "just" want to have a perfectly fine running X-Plane with the 733, then you don't need anything else besides the base package.

Libraries are more or less only required for some addon airports, but usually the readme will let you know. OpensceneryX is rather common for example.

Apart from this there are of course some popular addons/plugins (RTH, HD mesh etc.), but they aren't mandatory. If you ask 10 people about what addons/plugins they would recommend, you will probably get 10 different answers. And all of them are absolutely right. :wink:

I tend to install as little as possible in terms of plugins.

Apart from this there are of course some popular addons/plugins (RTH, HD mesh etc.), but they aren't mandatory. If you ask 10 people about what addons/plugins they would recommend, you will probably get 10 different answers. And all of them are absolutely right. :wink:

Isn't that the truth!!

I have a few plugins I would immediately re-install, but it's highly subject to individual needs. There's one (that I can't recall the name of) that allows to save per aircraft joystick and button assignments, and that to me is pretty mandatory. I also use a plugin for reloading scenery, and that is also pretty indispensable for me.

But apart from that, everything else is pretty much open to whimsy. :wink:

I personally like HD mesh, Treelines and Farms, and W2XP scenery, so I would personally prioritize those, along with whatever libraries they require.  I get annoyed at all the various library requirements for 3rd party freeware, so I tend to stick with default Gateway airports... which is why I've been building Gateway airports for anywhere local I want to fly.  I also have some unfinished FSX conversions that I fly with as well.

I guess now that I have something big to fly with in XP (IXEG), I might look at some of the larger 3rd party airports and their associated libraries..

But I guess one of the pleasures of using XP is that there really isn't a mandatory set of stuff to install!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

There's one (that I can't recall the name of) that allows to save per aircraft joystick and button assignments, and that to me is pretty mandatory. I also use a plugin for reloading scenery, and that is also pretty indispensable for me.

you can simply look in the Xplane plugin folder and see any names you dont recognize and google those to see which is the right one. 

you can simply look in the Xplane plugin folder and see any names you dont recognize and google those to see which is the right one.

I meant that I can't recall it right now from memory, being at work and not at home - If I was in front of my sim computer, or if I really needed to remember and cared to spend a few minutes on the org, it's easily found.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Matthias and Jimmy, much appreciated.

A new install is rather drastic.  If you're having trouble, learn to read the log.txt file for errors.  The best way to "reinstall" without reinstalling the whole thing is to delete the preferences file.

Thanks-  I will try that, much appreciate the suggestions....