Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Navigraph compatible GPS for FSX

I am in search of an add-on GPS or FMC to use with my Carenado 172N, 182Q, and 208B aircraft the can be updated via Navigraph. 

Hopefully, I would be able to use with some of my other GA aircraft.

I was unable to successfully install vasFMC which appears to use Navigraph data.  The other FSX center packages listed on the Navigraph page seem to be part of panel kits and not meant for integration into the aircraft.

Frankly, I'm not holding out much hope, but I would like to fly some of my GA aircraft on VATSIM under IFR conditions and be able to take advantage of updated navaids, intersections, etc.

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

What about a Flight1 gtn750, using a recently expired Garmin database?

Bert

Have you looked at Ernie Alston's Integrated Simavionics set?  isgsim.com is the address.

DJ

The gtn is what you want - doesn't use navigraph but there are updatable databases

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Bert & Ryan,

It appears that the GTN750 would require a subscription to the Garmin database, which is considerably more expensive and than the Navigraph subscription that I already hold..

DJ,

Thanks for the link to isgsim.com.  I need to do some more research to see if the Smith FMS will support the smaller Cessnas and if it can utilize Navigraph.  The product blurb doesn't say anything about updating.

While I am resisting buying another aircraft it does appear that the Flight1 T182T is Navigraph compatible if push comes to shove.

Ernest Pergrem

The ISG instruments are Navigraph updateable.  Don't resist the T182T - it is a lovely aircraft and accepts Navigraph updates.

DJ

IF you want absolute current navdata, then yes.  If you're ok being one cycle behind it won't cost anything.  PM me for details

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Bert & Ryan,

It appears that the GTN750 would require a subscription to the Garmin database, which is considerably more expensive and than the Navigraph subscription that I already hold..

DJ,

Thanks for the link to isgsim.com.  I need to do some more research to see if the Smith FMS will support the smaller Cessnas and if it can utilize Navigraph.  The product blurb doesn't say anything about updating.

While I am resisting buying another aircraft it does appear that the Flight1 T182T is Navigraph compatible if push comes to shove.

The c182q works very well with a gtn750 in the panel.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Bert