Sign in to follow this  
Fsxsimmer758

P3D Crashing to desktop while loading

Try with deleting the Prepar3d.cfg. To be safe, keep a copy of this file somewhere else to reintroduce your tweaks if you have P3D up and running again.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

(Always make a copy of the Controls folder when deleting P3D.cfg to avoid bad surprises with joysticks ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

When this occasionally happened to me, it was a broken .dll or a wrong entry in my dll.xml. Disable your dll.xml and see what happens.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have periodically been facing the same problem lately but normally after 100% loading of the flight. I have checked the windows event viewer and have found that at different times different .dll files are listed as the source for failure. I have tried many fixes and none seemed to work. I unplugged the machine and left it for a couple of days and all of a sudden things were fine. It worked flawlessly for a couple of days and now I face the problem again. My machine is unplugged for a few days. I will follow this thread in the hopes that you find a solution, one that perhaps will also work for me.

Best of luck! 

MY DLL FILE

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>

<Path>MigTool.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Path>C:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_connect</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Disabe FSUIPC and as_connect and see what happens. I would also remove the Migration Tool section completely.

When as_connect is the culprit uninstall and reinstall it. This helped me several times.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

VistaMare Core

True

False

VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll

This might be worth a look 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487699-bex-error-p3d-ctd-when-starting/#entry3412670

Migration Tool Plugin

MigTool.dll

module_init

module_deinit

What Software are you Installing using the Migration Tool?  There are easy work around's for most non compatible Software.  

Do you have FSX as well?    When you are getting these Crashes, is the Migration Tool enabled or disabled,  With both FSX and Prepar3D installed it can get Tricky 

The bottom line is unless you know what you are doing,  Get rid of the Migration Tool,   it can add a whole host of headaches to a Sim.

-------------------

As the rest have said disable each Entry in your dll.xml file,  Either that or move the entire dll.xml file to a separate folder and then try start Prepar3D  

Get rid of:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Make sure this one is up to date (fsdt manager)

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Since it crashed while loading weather, I would suspect a problem with ASN.  But that's just me.  Lots and lots of recommendations for sure.

I will send this to the right forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looks like the WEATHER.DLL

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df48ce
Faulting module name: weather.dll, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df4838
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00010955
Faulting process ID: 0x11c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1a178be69c72d
Faulting application path: C:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\P3D\weather.dll
Report ID: 410563b8-0d6c-11e6-813e-d43d7eba3cc7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I get it occasionally and a computer restart always solves it, but I'll take the other tips into account

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Looks like the WEATHER.DLL

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature):

Weather.dll – delete wxstationlist.bin and default .wx file associated with your default flight.  They will be rebuilt.  This crash can be caused by FSX/P3D settings too high or bad tweak (BP tweak mentioned most often). If you have a commercial weather program that has cloud textures or a program that furnishes cloud textures such as REX, FEX, then lower settings and make sure DX5 compression is used and textures are 512 or 1024.  This coupled with high settings FSX/P3D may produce this crash.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10