Sign in to follow this  
callum112233

6700K Affinity Mask

Hi all. I'm wondering what is the best value to use for affinity mask with a non overclocked 6700K. At the moment, i am using a value of 244 and have noticed it provides a much smoother experience. The downside for me though is that I am seeing a lot more ground texture blur and slower loading ground textures.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks. :)

Hey Guys!

I'm running a 6700k OC at 4.9 on liquid cooling. Any numbers to try would be appreciated! I'm running HT off at the moment, with no AM.

Giorgio La Pira

Hi all. I'm wondering what is the best value to use for affinity mask with a non overclocked 6700K. At the moment, i am using a value of 244 and have noticed it provides a much smoother experience. The downside for me though is that I am seeing a lot more ground texture blur and slower loading ground textures.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks. :)

Try 221 or 238 if you see blurries.

Hey Guys!

I'm running a 6700k OC at 4.9 on liquid cooling. Any numbers to try would be appreciated! I'm running HT off at the moment, with no AM.

Wow 4.9. HT off is a waste of efficiency tho. I would try HT on AM 116 first.

Regards,

Try 221 or 238 if you see blurries.

Will give it a go. Do you also recommend a different fiber frame fraction value than the default 0.33?

Hey Guys!

Wow, could you please post your bios settings for this OC, I am intrested in those settings.

Thank's

McDan out

Why HT=Off is a waste of efficiency? With HT=ON you'll get  more heat (assuming the same 4.9 frequency) and more VAS usage in the sim. I guess it's a wash, some sort of middle ground in the P3D environment.

Will give it a go. Do you also recommend a different fiber frame fraction value than the default 0.33?

If you see blurries you could try FFTF=0.50 and increase texture max load to 60. At the cost of some performance in high density areas of course. You need to find the balance.

If it's fine with the new AM then leave it as it is. Change the settings/tweaks one at time and evaluate first and not all together.

Why HT=Off is a waste of efficiency? With HT=ON you'll get more heat (assuming the same 4.9 frequency) and more VAS usage in the sim. I guess it's a wash, some sort of middle ground in the P3D environment.

Cause CPUs with HT are meant to be used with it lol. If I didn't want HT I would save a lot of money getting the 6600k instead.

Hi all. I'm wondering what is the best value to use for affinity mask with a non overclocked 6700K

Question boils down to whether you need addons and want to optimise to the nth degree. If not, don't bother with AM.

• If you do need addons and don't want HT, then it is simply AM14 but perhaps just go with default AM (but prepare youself for random stutters)
  • If you do want HT on and you want addons, then it comes down to three choices either AM85, AM116 or AM experimentals

AM85:

• good VAS,
  • possibly interference with addons if not done right.
  • possible issues with texture loading

AM116:

• good VAS
  • better for addons
  • possible texture loading issues

AM experimentals:

• AM184: possibly improved AM116 with even less interference on the sim main job
  • AM248: possibly improved AM116 with worse VAS but better texture loading
  • AM252: possibly improved AM248 with worse VAS again, better texture loading but slightly more potential for interference from other jobs
  • AM244: equivalent to AM248 but possibly marginally worse because of remnant conflict with other system jobs so why?

Recommend HT on with the i6700k. HT depends on CPU architecture, and i6700k is latest evolution architecture.

I am personally trialing AM248 on the i6700k with HT on and addons. I don't have VAS issues, and like how it clears the main sim job from remnant system jobs that happen on the second core leaving a total of 3 LP's clear for addon's and other jobs. So it could be smoother and have better texture loading with five LP's. Also trialing running P3D on high priority to help still more with texture loading a little bit.

The easiest of all if you don't want to make decisions or experiment but you do need addons, then turn HT off and either default AM (which is AM00=AMFF) or go with AM14. Otherwise, prepare to get into the big wide world of sim optimizing.

Keep in mind that I personally think that P3D has a threading bug with HT on where it can sometimes get stuck on 100% LP usage but unable to deliver textures unless it is kicked.

Keep in mind that I personally think that P3D has a threading bug with HT on where it can sometimes get stuck on 100% LP usage but unable to deliver textures unless it is kicked.

Quite true IMO. What do you mean by kicked though? Did you find a way to circumvent that issue? And are you saying it doesn't happen with HT off?

Definitely following this topic as I have the same CPU. Experimented with various configurations and I haven't really found one that sticks out a whole lot. At the moment I have HT off, but only because it seemed that core 1 was way hotter when testing with realbench.

Quite true IMO. What do you mean by kicked though? Did you find a way to circumvent that issue? And are you saying it doesn't happen with HT off?

Haven't tried HT off recently - can't comment. For me HT off is wasting some i6700k potential and I have lots of addons that need their own LP otherwise random stuttering drives me insane. EDIT: Better with HT and AM for me.

Still trying to work out how to solve the texture loading issue theBoom. By 'kick' I mean that if the sim falls so far behind with texture loading, nothing saves it unless you flip the AM while it is running. Then I found that everything sorts itself out. Main thread is much less busy, texture threads don't max out, textures load well. Not sure how long the effect lasts though and what exactly causes it. It might be a problem that happens right at the start up of the sim when an AM is set.

Safest bet is to avoid getting the sim into the situation where it is overloaded with texture jobs - not easy if coming into a major airport! Perhaps that is why more than 4 LP's are the way to go, as well as P3D on high priority, as well as more conservative settings as well as possible tweaks. So far, don't think there is much to gain from FFTF or the bandwidth tweaks. For me, it is much more important to have smooth framerates and worse texture loading than the converse.

Question boils down to whether you need addons and want to optimise to the nth degree. If not, don't bother with AM.

• If you do need addons and don't want HT, then it is simply AM14 but perhaps just go with default AM (but prepare youself for random stutters)
  • If you do want HT on and you want addons, then it comes down to three choices either AM85, AM116 or AM experimentals
AM85:

• good VAS,
  • possibly interference with addons if not done right.
  • possible issues with texture loading
AM116:

• good VAS
  • better for addons
  • possible texture loading issues
AM experimentals:

• AM184: possibly improved AM116 with even less interference on the sim main job
  • AM248: possibly improved AM116 with worse VAS but better texture loading
  • AM252: possibly improved AM248 with worse VAS again, better texture loading but slightly more potential for interference from other jobs
  • AM244: equivalent to AM248 but possibly marginally worse because of remnant conflict with other system jobs so why?
Recommend HT on with the i6700k. HT depends on CPU architecture, and i6700k is latest evolution architecture.

I am personally trialing AM248 on the i6700k with HT on and addons. I don't have VAS issues, and like how it clears the main sim job from remnant system jobs that happen on the second core leaving a total of 3 LP's clear for addon's and other jobs. So it could be smoother and have better texture loading with five LP's. Also trialing running P3D on high priority to help still more with texture loading a little bit.

The easiest of all if you don't want to make decisions or experiment but you do need addons, then turn HT off and either default AM (which is AM00=AMFF) or go with AM14. Otherwise, prepare to get into the big wide world of sim optimizing.

With AM of 248, where do you put addons? I actually only use ASN.

Also, Boom, what's your voltage for 4.7?

Cheers

Haven't tried HT off recently - can't comment. For me HT off is wasting some i6700k potential and I have lots of addons that need their own LP otherwise random stuttering drives me insane. EDIT: Better with HT and AM for me.

Still trying to work out how to solve the texture loading issue theBoom. By 'kick' I mean that if the sim falls so far behind with texture loading, nothing saves it unless you flip the AM while it is running. Then I found that everything sorts itself out. Main thread is much less busy, texture threads don't max out, textures load well. Not sure how long the effect lasts though and what exactly causes it. It might be a problem that happens right at the start up of the sim when an AM is set.

Safest bet is to avoid getting the sim into the situation where it is overloaded with texture jobs - not easy if coming into a major airport! Perhaps that is why more than 4 LP's are the way to go, as well as P3D on high priority, as well as more conservative settings as well as possible tweaks. So far, don't think there is much to gain from FFTF or the bandwidth tweaks. For me, it is much more important to have smooth framerates and worse texture loading than the converse.

Yeah I used to prefer fps over textures but now it's just driving me nuts. I've improved the situation quite a bit with FFTF and TML in my system at least.

Hopefully they will address the issue in 3.3.

With AM of 248, where do you put addons? I actually only use ASN.

Also, Boom, what's your voltage for 4.7?

Cheers

You put them on the cores unused by p3d which are LPs 0-1 with 248.

I got it working with 1.32v but added 0.02v to make it 1.34 just to be on the safe side.

Hi

If you run HT Off you get 200mhz higher CPU clock, run the CPU with higher vcore with same temps.

I run my 5960x 4.7 with HT off 8cores, have a nice boost with the extra mhz.

Have some good 6700k one 4.9ghz 1.34v and a second 5.0ghz 1.27v with HT on.

Tested the good CPU at 1.34v 5.2 HT off with fast 2x8 GB GSkill B-die CL13 3800mhz.

It runs very smoth with AM14 , only raw power.

6600k is lower binned at least 200-300mhz lower clock, if your lucky you find a good chip but Its rare.

P3D 3.2.3 with 980Ti Matrix Platinum on a Maximus Impact VIII

Hi

If you run HT Off you get 200mhz higher CPU clock, run the CPU with higher vcore with same temps.

I run my 5960x 4.7 with HT off 8cores, have a nice boost with the extra mhz.

Have some good 6700k one 4.9ghz 1.34v and a second 5.0ghz 1.27v with HT on.

Tested the good CPU at 1.34v 5.2 HT off with fast 2x8 GB GSkill B-die CL13 3800mhz.

It runs very smoth with AM14 , only raw power.

6600k is lower binned at least 200-300mhz lower clock, if your lucky you find a good chip but Its rare.

P3D 3.2.3 with 980Ti Matrix Platinum on a Maximus Impact VIII

You always have the luck to have the best overclocking processors .

I really envy you with my 5820@4.3 GHz and HT on. 4.5 Ghz with HT off.

Using 1 screen instead of 3 gives me 100 MHz extra...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0