Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Whadayawant...every system in the cockput mapped, and a CPU cycle sucker...or

...the greatest GENERAL use out of your flight sim experience...that all elements have equal cycle rights...lol.

If you can fly a tuber, that has everything you need to depart, cruise, descend, and land...at your destination...and you want to have your visual cake and eat it too...than you decide, if a cockpit with every sub system mapped, and sucking CPU cycles to emulate it,  even if you are not directly pressing that button, flipping that switch...they are all still there, little CPU cycle vampires...sucking away...in the background...

OR...

...you can use a 737-800 such as this...create your flight plan,  have push-back, taxi to active, take-off, obtain cruise, TOD...descend to where I am going LatinVFR's Miami v3...and then dust those numbers...and taxi to arrival gate.  

Right now, I am departing from Aerosoft's KDTW with the sim ripped, with all the gates running A.I....airport traffic vehicles doing their thing...one push-back tug did the trick for us...and if I do an outside view towards the heart of all these graphics and operations, I go no lower than 12-13, which in P3D 3.2.3, gives you smooth animation and input control.

If I look anywhere else...other then the heart of all that rendering, I jump right to 27-33 FPS.  So...you can run high end, 3rdP scenery and airports, you can have a nice 737-800 experience, you can go a full route to the far numbers...and all with acceptable FPS along the way, from push-back to gate arrival.  Oh..and no OOM's before you land!

It's all a matter of choice, of course......if having a PMDG cockpit is the ONLY reason that you are in front of the computer...with all systems rendered...and the cost of CPU cycles, smooth animation, chance of OOM's...or CTD's is the price you pay,  and...as part of that price, have to dumb down the virtual experience via feature sliders to achieve that......then by all means...but for others...like myself that the total virtual experience is more important than the full authenticity of the cockpit environment...then I am here to type at you that you CAN HAVE YOUR VIRTUAL CAKE AND EAT IT TOO! 

Inside P3D v3.2.3...oh yes....

I am...and soon to depart with totally acceptable FPS as the base minimum (13) with only better when not asking the CPU and GPU to render the heart of this great airport and the A.I. operations.  At 13 FPS, I am at smooth taxi...and I will have a smooth rotation..and then we will be right up there at 32.8 FPS for the duration. I expect that I will see some more 13-22 FPS at LatinVFR's Miami v3 because of the demand it will create. But...by NOT running CPU-bound cockpit sub-systems, .I will get there...and be smooth right to the arrival gate.

It seems, that anytime we have a discussion of what is required for a user to have an OOM free, or premium experience, it is always those that are running the high-CPU demand cycle cockpits, that have to choke the sim down in features to let them stay in the air....(smile).  Ok...that's their thing. Totally respected.  My thing is the best and most realistic virtual world my flight deck is flying through, that turns my crank.  I couldn't care less if the air bleed system is bleeding air all over the cockpit...not if it is going to force me to not run the sim and all its graphical features and sections.... ripped and hot, but having to be slider blunted   :spiteful:

So...here is a very unobtrusive flight deck about to take off...and have a RIPPED trip to Miami....

It's all about choice...from both sides of the emulated to the 9's or not, flight deck camp...

Happy flying!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_4_27_15_21_46_451.png

2016_4_27_15_21_57_40.png

2016_4_27_15_22_22_71.png

2016_4_27_15_25_9_757.png

2016_4_27_15_26_22_876.png

2016_4_27_15_27_10_225.png

2016_4_27_15_27_40_713.png

2016_4_27_15_28_16_912.png

2016_4_27_15_28_20_891.png

2016_4_27_15_31_46_808.png

2016_4_27_16_10_57_637.png

2016_4_27_16_11_10_806.png

2016_4_27_16_18_13_396.png

2016_4_27_16_18_45_710.png

2016_4_27_16_22_22_555.png

Cockput..cockpit...cockadoodle...you get it...

TYPO, lol!

It's a case of personal preference...  I personally cannot sit in front of 11 or 13 frames per second.  I'm not talking about what impact that might have on panning around, or on handling the aircraft.  I simply have an instant desire to look away from the screen, which obviously breaks immersion for me.

But if you can do it, good for you! :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It's a case of personal preference...  I personally cannot sit in front of 11 or 13 frames per second.  I'm not talking about what impact that might have on panning around, or on handling the aircraft.  I simply have an instant desire to look away from the screen, which obviously breaks immersion for me.

But if you can do it, good for you! :smile:

At 13...without a PMDG windscreen in front of you...(13) it is a smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as silk....that's my point...you're right..it's a choice the user makes...:) but that is only at the airport...once in the air...we are at near the top of my lock down...:)

That 13 never stays there...it is only when I view the very heart of the action...and in my case..it is FULL OUT action on the tarmacs...:))))))) Even when viewing from spot view...it fluctuates continually...but I don't go below 12-13...that is the base..and still very smooth  to the touch...

Look away...27-33.  In the air...27-33....on final...27-33...might see a few 13-22's at Miami..at taxi to the gate...but the view...oh wow...THAT's immersion!

Welcome to Florida, LatinVFR style...and ripped!  :hi:

Cheers,

Anything less than 30 is no use to me, luckily I get that with the PMDG NGX and get to fly realistic systems and procedures along with great graphics.

Mich if you are happy then I am happy for you, but the default 737 is really not my kind of simming no matter how many frames it gets, that's just sightseeing

What 737 is that actually?

Mitch is using the default 737 which to be honest does not look too shabby, but no systems to speak of

Mitch is using the default 737 which to be honest does not look too shabby, but no systems to speak of

Right Glynn...just enough to give you full comm, navigation by aids, or GPS, and all engine systems, de-icing etc.  Basically the FSX default.  For myself, it is enough. I use system intensive, but only within FS9...where you have all the CPU horsepower you could want.