Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

DC-8-43's Maiden Flight Presented In Old Photography Style

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting via era 1960 Kodak photography style a very nice maiden flight by DC-8-43 for Canadian Pacific airline from CYVR Vancouver International Airport located on Sea Island in Richmond 8 miles from downtown Vancouver to CYYC Calgary International Airport situated 11 miles northeast of downtown Calgary.

Taxiing to de-icing area

yc1_zpsxwkbhxl4.jpg

Being covered with greenish de-icing stuff

yc2_2_zpsrb4ubasn.jpg

Engines roaring with spew of smoke to start taxi to short of runway 08L

yc3_zps4zpum64w.jpg

Still taxiing

yc4_2_zpsmrqggmys.jpg

Holding short of runway 08L awaiting for take off clearance from controllers in the control tower seen in background

yc5_zps4kgad9gj.jpg

Take off clearance is granted as the plane's engines start to go on full thrust power spewing black smoke

yc6_zpsxwzzp1s2.jpg

Airborne on climb to FL310 with nice background view of downtown Vancouver where you can see BC Place Super Dome

yc7_zpsu8ychljp.jpg

Still climbing

yc8_zps5qvuwjxj.jpg

Passing through clouds

yc9_zpsh52itwqf.jpg

yc10_zpslx4ervhn.jpg

More clouds to pass through

yc11_zpssqcnw9wi.jpg

yc12_zpscugnju2h.jpg

Still climbing to FL310 now at FL200

yc13_zps2c2orb67.jpg

Passing 10,781 ft high Mount Baker which is an active volcano located in the Cascade Volcanic Arc and the North Cascades of Washington and you can see snow capped 9,131 ft Mount Shuksan in background

yc14beforechilli_zpsxsnwkys8.jpg

Still passing the two same mountains while you can spot Mount Rainer in much further distance in background

yc15_zpszahwnevz.jpg

Time to turn to north toward destination with background view of Skagit Valley Provincial park

yc16_2_zpsqk6qoufq.jpg

yc17_2_zpsp7sfhkk6.jpg

Cruising at FL310

yc18_zpsglx8dauj.jpg

Passing town of Penticton, Canada where you can see Skaha Lake in front of third engine and Okanagan Lake on bottom of the screenshot

yc19cyyf_zpsvvvvtze7.jpg

Passing the same town area where you can see CYYF Penticton Regional Airport located 1.8 nautical miles southwest of Penticton, British Columbia

yc20cyyf_zpsw90lrthg.jpg

Because of the regulations of the forums not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/43561-dc-8-43s-maiden-flight-presented-in-old-photography-style/

Thank you for viewing . Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 2

signCopy.jpg

Spectacular Rocky mountain scenery and classic DC 8.airliner!

HLJAMES

Look like PostCards :smile: Nice!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice shots! 

My brother in law, use to fly DC-8's in the 70-80's.  Beautiful plane.

Rob

Very nice effects. Renders a true period look!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Great effort to show us these magnificent shots and explain the scenery. Thanks a lot!

Hans

You really captured that old era....well done

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Lovely effects on a classic. Diesel powered!! :) Nice landing too!

My first ever holiday abroad and in fact my first ever flight on an airliner of any kind was in 1982, as a wide-eyed 16 year old, on a charter DC-8 (Arrow Air?? maybe, I forget). She was tired even then. The overhead lockers didn't exist - it was just open racking like you'd find on a bus or coach! It was supposed to be a non-stop flight from Gatwick, UK to Denver, Colorado. However, due to unexpected headwinds we had to land at Bangor in Maine before continuing on. I loved it because we got double the amount of takeoffs and landings! :) 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Highbypass,

Thanks for your kind words and thanks for your interesting flying experience. My apologies for late reply.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg