Sign in to follow this  
the737flyer738

Wont fly straight

​I have been having this issue with the pmdg 737ngx where it wont fly straight, this happens randomly and is hard to reproduce. So let me explain what exactly happens, ill have autopilot A engaged with LNAV enabled and its flying the flight plan just fine and all the sudden it will start almost weaving in and out of the magneta line, sometimes it will just turn to one direction though. Ill make a hard turn on the yoke to correct it, autopilot disengages but it still wants to turn. I can see in the virtual cockpit the aileron trim is being turned in what seems like random fashion. Unplugging my yoke does nothing to solve this. Then, what seems like randomly, it will just stop turning itself and ill continue on my way. I can see on the fsx calibrate page that my yoke is operating correctly so i am not sure what the issue is here. Weather seems to have no effect on it btw, this can happen with no winds.

• Upvote 1

I had a somewhat similar issue. For me the AP disconnects randomly and the aircraft enters a steep right bank without the ailerons moving at all. I posted a long time ago in the forums but to no avail. http://www.avsim.com/topic/471218-autopilot-weird-behavior-disconnecting-and-not-following-fd-commands/#entry3263697

This happened to me again recently and I made a short cellphone video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8J28g9_L4

It happens randomly and its hard to pinpoint. So far I may have narrowed it down to a specific livery I downloaded from AVSIM. Haven't had much time to test it out but it seems both times I encountered this I was using this livery. I will stop using it and see if I encounter it again.

I posted a long time ago in the forums but to no avail

Hi Ivo. If the topic was not addressed in the forums, submit a ticket to PMDG and they will look into it! :)

The question is: is this incident reproducible?

in the virtual cockpit the aileron trim is being turned

You see the aileron trim switches actually moving? This could be some type of control/hardware interferance issue. Check your assignments for aileron trim and clear them everywhere: in the PMDG FMC, FSUIPC, FSX options etc.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Just like Jaime suggested, and maybe even some unwanted rudder / rudder trim input. 

Yaw-induced roll can be "intense" in such an aircraft, and the ailerons, with the AP disconnected, will be still...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi Ivo. If the topic was not addressed in the forums, submit a ticket to PMDG and they will look into it! :)

The question is: is this incident reproducible?

You see the aileron trim switches actually moving? This could be some type of control/hardware interferance issue. Check your assignments for aileron trim and clear them everywhere: in the PMDG FMC, FSUIPC, FSX options etc.

Sorry not the trim switches but the yoke in the virtual cockpit is turning from side to side. If it was a controller issue why wouldn't it go away when unplugging the yoke though? I never had this issue on my old pc, just this new one. Yoke/controller settings in fsx are the exact same as on my old pc (default).

Sorry not the trim switches but the yoke in the virtual cockpit is turning from side to side. If it was a controller issue why wouldn't it go away when unplugging the yoke though? I never had this issue on my old pc, just this new one. Yoke/controller settings in fsx are the exact same as on my old pc (default).

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note that full names on all posts are required.

What are you using for your weather engine? Try a test without weather or at least turning down turbulence effects.

Dan Downs KCRP