Sign in to follow this  
KTFO

IXEG 737 NG

I know it’s early doors, but wanted to discuss how long we might have to wait for an NG from IXEG.

Looked into the differences between the classic and NG. People saying a larger wing,obviously performance characteristics etc. Wondering how long that would take to code given they have already laid the groundwork.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2012/02/how-does-the-boeing-737ng-different-from-the-classic/

I can only imagine an IXEG 737 NG would be truly awesome.

Humour me...

• Upvote 1

I will go out on a limb and say that there is probably a higher chance of you winning the lottery.

Appart from them stating numerous times that they have no plans whatsoever regarding anything beyond the 733, the 734 and 735 would make alot more sense than an ngx. But this is just pure speculation that has no bearing in reality ;)

The only thing we know is that the release was just the beginning of the 733 and that for the forseeable future they will continue to develop the 733 and add functionality. so the next years the work is cut out for them ;)

• Upvote 1

I'd rather have a 707 :-) or  detailled 742 / 743 and cargo variants!

Instead of having to use PSX and XP10 to fly a Boeing 744, I could use only XP10 :-)

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'd rather have a 707 :-) or  detailled 742 / 743 and cargo variants!

Instead of having to use PSX and XP10 to fly a Boeing 744, I could use only XP10 :-)

well flyjsim has not released a new plane in a while. and those would be right up his alley ;)

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to set keyboard assignments for the MCP (autopilot) functions on this aircraft?

Thanks.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

They just released a -300 that might keep you busy for years. I won't ask for any NG, particularly when there's already a good one available in the FS community.

As José says, I'd much rather have a model that hasn't been properly reproduced. What about a Boeing 717, an Airbus A300 or a L-1011 for example?

Peter, thanks for the link by the way! It's an interesting read :)

• Upvote 2

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

717 would be great too!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to set keyboard assignments for the MCP (autopilot) functions on this aircraft?

Thanks.

Yes it seems so. If you check in the custom assignments area there are a large pile of bindings you can use. If there isn't one in particular, you can always request it.

• Upvote 1

I will go out on a limb and say that there is probably a higher chance of you winning the lottery.

Appart from them stating numerous times that they have no plans whatsoever regarding anything beyond the 733, the 734 and 735 would make alot more sense than an ngx. But this is just pure speculation that has no bearing in reality ;)

The only thing we know is that the release was just the beginning of the 733 and that for the forseeable future they will continue to develop the 733 and add functionality. so the next years the work is cut out for them ;)

I did some digging around!!

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?13551-Interview-With-Tom-Kyler/view/6

After the IXEG 737 Classic comes out, what is next for you?

As mentioned above, I have a few options, my first choice being to continue to grow IXEG. The 737 NG is a good candidate as it is a logical follow on for the classic and about 60% of our work is reusable but honestly, until we get there I really don't know what the situation will be

They just released a -300 that might keep you busy for years.

You are right about that!

Can't see it as since the x737 project offers the same aircraft for no charge (donation if you wish). At the end of the day, it's the market and demand that brings the money in.

I have a feeling that  a 777 or 787 or MD11 would probably bring more revenue than an NG would. Tyler also stated that they would like something different for a new project.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If the PMDG DC6 goes well, there is every chance they will bring the NG in X-Plane. They have hinted this would happen in the past. How long that would take is anyone's guess but I would imagine less than five years as they already have much of the raw data they need. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Yes it seems so. If you check in the custom assignments area there are a large pile of bindings you can use. If there isn't one in particular, you can always request it.

Great, thanks Tony.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I would absolutely love to have the MD-11 in X-Plane, since the FSX version probably won't get a v2 and it's one of the two planes I really miss in X-Plane since making the switch (the other one being the Majestic Dash).

A Concorde!!!!!!!!!!!!

or a BAC 111

Hmmm, VC-10 ?

IL-62 :-) ... No, Felis will do that one after the Tu-154....

Trident-3!

Hs-748

Main Simulation Rig: