Sign in to follow this  
KTFO

IXEG 737 NG

If the PMDG DC6 goes well, there is every chance they will bring the NG in X-Plane. They have hinted this would happen in the past. How long that would take is anyone's guess but I would imagine less than five years as they already have much of the raw data they need. 

robert has stated multiple times that the future of the x-plane plattform will not be judged by the dc-6, but by one of their "big time items"

The DC-6 is their testbed for the plattform and is for x-plane the same the jetstream was for fsx.

So my guess is that after the dc-6 atleast one more plane will show up.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually perfectly fine if nothing big is released for awhile now... I'm actually hoping the DC-6 is going to be at least a few months away.  I don't mind trying out a new GA aircraft every month or so, but I'm pretty sure this IXEG release is going to take all my time that I might care to spend actually learning something in-depth.

I know this might be run counter to a lot of peoples wishes, but one of the things that I appreciate about XP is that there isn't a constant barrage of high quality 3rd party addons all screaming for your attention (and wallet). It allows you to slow down and thoroughly enjoy (and learn about) your purchases, without being waylaid by the temptation of yet another new release.

I might be alone in this, but in the FSX/P3D side of things, I start to get overwhelmed by sheer mass of stuff that I see and then 'want'. On the scenery level, it's just too hard on the budget; every couple of weeks brings a new FTX airport for example (which I've gotten quite skilled at ignoring, even though I used to love them). On the aircraft level, it means you barely get acquainted with a new purchase before something else newer and better comes along.

I also get slightly disappointed when I don't have the time or budget to try new stuff; at least in X-Plane the releases seem to match my 'pace'. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm actually perfectly fine if nothing big is released for awhile now...

Well, Felis' Tu-154m is going to be released pretty soon. I don't know about you guys, but Felis was always a synonym of quality and attention to detail to me. So I am rather excited about it!

• Upvote 1

Well, Felis' Tu-154m is going to be released pretty soon. I don't know about you guys, but Felis was always a synonym of quality and attention to detail to me. So I am rather excited about it!

Very true!

And BTW, for those who might have skipped the news, Felis's An-24 and Yak-40 are now selling for *** only *** $10,00 !!!

I myself sometimes forget about how good his work is, on pair with the best add-ons from the best producers for FSX / P3D, and X-Plane 10.

His IL-14 was ( no longer usable in Xp10.45 )  another great example of detail and quality.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very true!

And BTW, for those who might have skipped the news, Felis's An-24 and Yak-40 are now selling for *** only *** $10,00 !!!

I myself sometimes forget about how good his work is, on pair with the best add-ons from the best producers for FSX / P3D, and X-Plane 10.

His IL-14 was ( no longer usable in Xp10.45 )  another great example of detail and quality.

Jose, where did you see it on sale? I bought the AN-24 a few months ago and after initial frustrations with the metric cockpit, I came to be thoroughly impressed with it, I know a few people who would enjoy it as well.

Jose, where did you see it on sale?

Felis changed prices of both AN-24 and Yak-40 as he is close to release with his Tu-154m. Price of both on the .org site is reduced to 10 USD each.

Yes, sorry Will just saw your post now, but Lena already answered :-)

BTW: the An-24 is fully functional in 10.45.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I'd rather have a 707 :-) or  detailled 742 / 743 and cargo variants!

Instead of having to use PSX and XP10 to fly a Boeing 744, I could use only XP10 :-)

There's a study-sim lever 747-200 and 747-400 in development by LES, the same guys who made the Saab 340A and DC-3. Going off of their previous work, it's sure to be insanely detailed, but it might be a few years before it's released (they're coming out with a Citation first). You can see their (slow) progress here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/78-boeing-747-series/

Thx Hamoody! Didn't know about it.

Main Simulation Rig:

The 737 Classic is so good because they have a guy who flew it for years at the heart of the team, so it captures all those wonderful idiosyncrasies of the real one. I sure hope they'll do another one - certainly a -500 and -400 would be simple to do.

I agree that the A300 would be fun. It's modern enough to have the LNAV bells and whistles which massively simplifies the job but is old enough to give you some stuff to do. The problem with the steam gauge stuff like the 747-200, 707 etc is that the workload single pilot for one modelled really well would be insane.

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The problem with the steam gauge stuff like the 747-200, 707 etc is that the workload single pilot for one modelled really well would be insane.

Well, look at PMDG upcoming DC-6. The workload would be virtually impossible to handle (3 men crew + tons of stuff to monitor/do). Yet seems like PMDG  found a good solution that even add to immersion of flying this amazing plane. 

So everything is possible ;)

• Upvote 1

I would love to see a B787 by IXEG - it would be a quantum leap from the 737 Classic, going from a half steam/half glass cockpit to an entirely electrified plane, so much so that even the FMC is on a screen and all the buttons are touch. Something on the level of the QW 787 for FSX in X-Plane would be a godsend. The Heinz 787 has a decent exterior model, but I've been spoilt by the detail and accuracy of the IXEG cockpit; I just can't step back into the 787 any more (or, for that matter, the FF 777).

Well, look at PMDG upcoming DC-6. The workload would be virtually impossible to handle (3 men crew + tons of stuff to monitor/do). Yet seems like PMDG found a good solution that even add to immersion of flying this amazing plane.

So everything is possible ;)

Oh yes no doubt!

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Or, and Airbus - finally a good and comple Airbus, maybe reusing QPAC's great FBW implementation, and adding to it systems details...

Main Simulation Rig:

Hmmm... I wonder what airplane is currently flying Cpt. Jan Vogel? :wink:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]