Sign in to follow this  

Question about ASN manual vs live wx

Hi,

when I set ASN to manual wx, which is the way pls to let ASN cover f.i. all Europe ? 

If I download the wx, then I switch off the internet line, I would like to have the just downloaded wx all over all the Europe.

It seems to me I can't because if I chose a station ,f.i. LSZK I can see the correct actual wx over LSZK and then I click " apply to range 100 " but in this case I assume I have to do that for each other station manually ? 

Then, I will have spots of 100nm radius with the correct wx but if I would like to have the real wx all over Europe and not only over spots of 100nm for each LSZH, LOWW therefore each station etc? 

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You can just increase your application range to whatever mile range you desire (or globally).  100 is just the default.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank but I explained myself badly.

If I apply the wx to a huge range I will have the very same wx all over Europe f.i.

I would need instead, a specific wx for the starting airport and a specific wx for the arrival airport. F.I. If I start in LSZH where it is raining and I'll arrive in LOWW where it's sunny the above mentioned mode won't work I guess.

This is achieved by ASN in Live wx ok but how can I achieve the same in Manual mode ? I mean a static wx snapshot where the starting and arriving airport have their own wx conditions, if they are different.

Same speech for the trip

Thx in advance

Best Regard 

Hi,

You can just increase your application range to whatever mile range you desire (or globally).  100 is just the default.

Hi, how do I increase the range to Global? Mine is limiting to 1000nm but I want the weather to be the same everywhere. How is it done?

Thanks!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Thank but I explained myself badly.

If I apply the wx to a huge range I will have the very same wx all over Europe f.i.

I would need instead, a specific wx for the starting airport and a specific wx for the arrival airport. F.I. If I start in LSZH where it is raining and I'll arrive in LOWW where it's sunny the above mentioned mode won't work I guess.

This is achieved by ASN in Live wx ok but how can I achieve the same in Manual mode ? I mean a static wx snapshot where the starting and arriving airport have their own wx conditions, if they are different.

Same speech for the trip

Thx in advance

Best Regard 

You can just apply manual weather to the departure area/ID, at application range for example 200nm range, then the destination area/ID for the same.. there will thus be 2 different manual wx areas here.  The weather outside of those 2 defined wx areas will be whatever you had as "base" weather before the manual edits.  Hope that helps.

Hi, how do I increase the range to Global? Mine is limiting to 1000nm but I want the weather to be the same everywhere. How is it done?

There is a button to the right of "Apply to Range" called "Apply Globally".  Use that one for global application.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

...There is a button to the right of "Apply to Range" called "Apply Globally".  Use that one for global application.

I'm sorry, this may be too easy but I'm just not finding this button Apply Globally. Can you please screenshot it?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I'm sorry, this may be too easy but I'm just not finding this button Apply Globally. Can you please screenshot it?

I can't see this button either and would be interested in a screen shot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,

here it is:

125.jpg

Are you sure you both use ASN SP5?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi,

here it is:

125.jpg

Are you sure you both use ASN SP5?

Hi Kostas, I was talking about AS 2016, I can't see how to apply it globally. And that's the function I use most.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Hi Kostas, I was talking about AS 2016, I can't see how to apply it globally. And that's the function I use most.

Hi, the original post was referring to ASN not AS16 and you never clarified you were talking about AS16. In AS16 it's not possible to set it above 1000nm at the moment (a restriction related to the way it's drawn on the map). If more interest exists on this, we'll consider adding this back somehow.

Edit: And to respond to the request the OP had, just set it to manual mode and don't do anything else. This way each airport/area will have its own weather, but ASN will not download more data, so they will stay the same.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi, the original post was referring to ASN not AS16 and you never clarified you were talking about AS16. In AS16 it's not possible to set it above 1000nm at the moment (a restriction related to the way it's drawn on the map). If more interest exists on this, we'll consider adding this back somehow.

Sorry, just now I realized the topic was about ASN, sorry about that! It's really sad that AS16 doesn't support that.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Sorry, just now I realized the topic was about ASN, sorry about that! It's really sad that AS16 doesn't support that.

You do know you can copy/paste custom weather on the map if needed?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Yes, just noticed that! Now I have hundreds of wxr points plotted :smile: Do you think you can implement this feature in the future, Kostas? Is it difficult?

Thanks again for the fast answer!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

You can just apply manual weather to the departure area/ID, at application range for example 200nm range,

Hi Damian,

How do I do this in AS16? I am on the AS16 but not sure how to set a weather for departure and range and destination weather, range.

Also can I use saved weather for departure airport and another saved weather for destination?

IF I have to enter numbers, After I load a saved wether, how can I copy tyhe numbers so I can paste it to set  the destination or departure weather?

Is there a tutorial/YTube?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, just noticed that! Now I have hundreds of wxr points plotted :smile: Do you think you can implement this feature in the future, Kostas? Is it difficult?

Thanks again for the fast answer!

Why hundreds? Hundreds of areas 1000nm each? May I ask why is this so important?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png