Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

user defined checklist GTN 750

Can you post that here? I'm not registered in simforums but I'm interested in topic.

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

2014_12_13_08_40_06_6038.gif?6652

Hello

Read that topic. I believe I got all necessary software to start making some Checklists.
I was also thinking of doing some for the CJ2, will choose another one.
Thanks for the Tip André

@Artem
"GTN Garmin's changelog for the 'GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 5.13' the other day when one item caught my attention: Added support for user-defined Checklists."

There is no user tutorial yet.

You can start with this:Checklist Editor software version 2.30

Beware, we (users) are on our own.. ie . No Flight1 support on this.

Ramón

• Upvote 1

Hello

Read that topic. I believe I got all necessary software to start making some Checklists.

I was also thinking of doing some for the CJ2, will choose another one.

Thanks for the Tip André

@Artem

"GTN Garmin's changelog for the 'GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 5.13' the other day when one item caught my attention: Added support for user-defined Checklists."

There is no user tutorial yet.

You can start with this:Checklist Editor software version 2.30

Beware, we (users) are on our own.. ie . No Flight1 support on this.

Ramón

No problem Ramón to make your own the more the merrier they say :wink:

André

I saw this yesterday on their forums.  My only question is in regards to the .ace file that appears to be what sets the checklist.  I pm'd the person who created the thread and am waiting to see what his response is.  

I guess they're playing "I've got a secret" over at simforums.  Does anybody here know how to get the .ace file plugged-in? 

I guess they're playing "I've got a secret" over at simforums.  Does anybody here know how to get the .ace file plugged-in? 

Just post a message in the topic above or PM the member there;)

André

It's not really a secret. Flight1 just feared an increased support workload and asked me to not publish a tutorial. 

However, there will be some good news regarding this feature in the coming days :smile:

Greetings

Tim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I am just playing with the editor and figuring out how to create new checklists and import them into the Trainer.

I have one preliminary question: is the "usrchk.ace" file I create once I am done supposed to be unique for any different aircraft model or can I save more checklists for different aircaft models into one file (the same "usrchk.ace" file) and select the appropriate group of checklists for the aircraft loaded in the sim once in the sim?

I'm interested in this checklist feature as well for the GTN. I just read it on their forum about this feature, does anyone have clear instructions on how to do this? I already downloaded the Garmin checklist editor 2.30, so my understanding is we need a seperate checklist file (.ace) for each plane? So do these files reside in the root directory where all the card files are? So I will have mulitple ace files for multiple aircrafts correct?

Does anyone have one made where I can download and test to see how it works?

Just notice on Flight1's GTN Product Page:

Latest Features with v1.14!

• Major Feature - User-Created Custom Checklists
  • One of the latest features for the Garmin GTN series is the ability to use custom checklists. Simply load the checklist from an SD card into the GTN and you are good to go. Unfortunately that doesn't work too well in our virtual version of the GTN. 

With the help of GTN user Tim Scharnhop, and our incredible GTN dev team, the Flight1 GTN 750/650 can create individual custom checklists for use within all your GTN-equipped aircrafts. A tutorial is provided on how to set these up, using the Checklist Editor from Garmin and installing them correctly for use with the latest v1.14 download. 

-----------------------

Where can I find this tutorial?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU