Sign in to follow this  
luukguus

PMDG 737 NGX VNAV Overspeed

Hi everyone!

I was just flying my Finnair 737 from EFHK to EFRO. I usually take off and turn vnav and lnav on around FL150 and just start watching tv. When i came to check on my airplane, i noticed it was overspeeding on vnav! I tried switching to alt hld and manually adjusting the IAS but this didn;t seem to do anything. I was flying at FL410 with winds 360 at 30 and light turbulence. The AT wouldn't even throttle back! I also fully configured the FMC for the flight (put in weather data etc.) Does anyone know what is going on and what could have caused this problem so i can prevent it in the future?

Thanks for your help!

ViAZIBoh.png

I have taken a print screen so you guys can see for yourself. There's also these strange lines that sometimes appear in the VC. However, as you can see everything is engaged (AT, AP, VNAV, LNAV) and the plane is overspeeding while the vector is set on mach 0.79. Also, the engines are operating at almost full power.

Also, the engines are operating at almost full power.

Where are your hardware throttles set during this time?

Kyle Rodgers

I have taken a print screen so you guys can see for yourself. There's also these strange lines that sometimes appear in the VC. However, as you can see everything is engaged (AT, AP, VNAV, LNAV) and the plane is overspeeding while the vector is set on mach 0.79. Also, the engines are operating at almost full power.

P3D?

Vernon Howells

did the winds aloft change abruptly perhaps from a weather update in the sim?

cheers

-andy crosby

Where are your hardware throttles set during this time?

They were set at full throttle. However, I tried alternating the position which didn't change anything. Thanks for your reply though!

P3D?

Nope FSX

did the winds aloft change abruptly perhaps from a weather update in the sim?

cheers

-andy crosby

I don't think so. I set the winds myself and didn't download any real world weather. For fl410 I had winds 360/40 and light turbulence. I did later try to ease the winds down to 360/20 which at first didn't help but after a while the airplane just started to fly at it's set speed again. Very strange...

Thanks for your reply though!

I've had your problems when i had FSX. That graphical problem i've had too in FSX and P3D.

Soon i'll have my own 737 cockpit build and prosim 737 model which is kept upto date :)

Vernon Howells

which is kept upto date :)

You know...because the actual flight dynamics of the 737 change daily...

Kyle Rodgers

know...because the actual flight dynamics of the 737 change daily...

More like bugs etc not dynamics!!!

Vernon Howells

More like bugs etc not dynamics!!!

Somewhat fair, though do keep in mind that their business model is 737-centric, for a niche within a niche of home flight deck building. It's an apples and oranges comparison here...

Kyle Rodgers

I've had your problems when i had FSX. That graphical problem i've had too in FSX and P3D.

Soon i'll have my own 737 cockpit build and prosim 737 model which is kept upto date :)

So you're saying it's because of the strange lines in the VC? I indeed have to update my computer... Have you experienced the same problems as I have? The plane over speeding while vnav is on?

Thanks for your reply!

The strange lines coming out the throttle area i've had a few times and not sure about VNAV overspeeding but thats probably linked as the NGX has glitched. Don't know why it happens

Vernon Howells