Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

The virtual cockpit becomes too dark... is there a setting/option one could use to make it brighter?

Thanks!

Some truth to that. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The virtual cockpit becomes too dark... is there a setting/option one could use to make it brighter?

Thanks!

Set terrain brightness on high, and reinstall autogen shader. Thanks to LM, cockpit shadows are connected to autogen brightness.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Set terrain brightness on high, and reinstall autogen shader. Thanks to LM, cockpit shadows are connected to autogen brightness.

Yeah, that looks better.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What settings did you use? LM's default is brightness on 1.10 and HDR saturation @ 0.8, etc'.

Can any of you guys provide/share a pristine untouched Prepar3D v3.2 set of files:

• Cloud.fx
  • General.fx
  • GPUTerrain.fx
  • HDR.hlsl

I would also like to have the first version of the RealismShaderPack. It's unavailable and I have accidentally erased mine.

Thanks in advance,

Luís

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Hi Pe11e,

Well, I admit that I had been feeling quite sceptical about all this, but now that I have seen the results for myself all I can say is WOW!!

I thought I would post an image which is a little different from what has been seen before as it illustrates something that I never expected to see.

Here am I on approach in the RealAir Duke V2 following a wonderful Summer flight with remarkable natural lighting. It is early evening and the weather has deteriorated with increasing cloud cover and some light rain. I suddenly became aware of a beautiful light illuminating the cockpit from over my left shoulder. I changed quickly to spot view and, low and behold, there before me was what appeared to be shafts of golden light streaming through the clouds to illuminate the ground and the aircraft. I don't believe I've seen this effect in the sim before now and it's fair to say I was quite taken aback, indeed astounded by the spectacle. God's rays? Really? If so, then this is truly amazing.

Pe11e, your work has resulted in an enhancement which really is proving to be a remarkable achievement and I congratulate you. You have transformed Prepar3D into something very special indeed and for that I thank you!

Gods%20Rays.jpg

Best regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Let me add my thanks for a very professionally done, and useful addon!

I am not seeing the dramatic cloud shadows that some have posted, but I do like the overall effect to the colors and contrast.  (I also have a scenario in progress, so additional tests later may show more differences.)

Job well done!

Ron

Gods%20Rays.jpg

"And Pe11e said Let there be light, and there was light. And Pe11e saw the light, and it was good; and Pe11e divided the light from the darkness

Amen

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Thanks again, very worth the small donation :-)

U8xplA.png

K8M1td.png

bu7N7R.png

qSHHUy.png

FDbERf.png

1zw66c.png

CRyjTG.png

ciJXxk.png

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Pe11e,

Well, I admit that I had been feeling quite sceptical about all this, but now that I have seen the results for myself all I can say is WOW!!

I thought I would post an image which is a little different from what has been seen before as it illustrates something that I never expected to see.

Here am I on approach in the RealAir Duke V2 following a wonderful Summer flight with remarkable natural lighting. It is early evening and the weather has deteriorated with increasing cloud cover and some light rain. I suddenly became aware of a beautiful light illuminating the cockpit from over my left shoulder. I changed quickly to spot view and, low and behold, there before me was what appeared to be shafts of golden light streaming through the clouds to illuminate the ground and the aircraft. I don't believe I've seen this effect in the sim before now and it's fair to say I was quite taken aback, indeed astounded by the spectacle. God's rays? Really? If so, then this is truly amazing.

Pe11e, your work has resulted in an enhancement which really is proving to be a remarkable achievement and I congratulate you. You have transformed Prepar3D into something very special indeed and for that I thank you!

Gods%20Rays.jpg

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, that is your REX4 Texture Direct sun effect in action.

@Pe11e: I have yet to try your enhancement, it's looking great.

• Upvote 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hello,

This tool is GREAT I love it

Thanks

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi Mike, that is your REX4 Texture Direct sun effect in action.

Hi Tim,

Now that's a revelation! Correct me if I am wrong, but could it be that Pe11e's lighting enhancements have finally brought this particular effect to the fore? It's difficult, perhaps, to see it clearly in the posted image but on screen the ground beneath the 'rays' is being illuminated most convincingly, something I had never witnessed previously in the sim.

Regards,

Mike

Two things I noticed after a quick test on my rig:

1. I need to delete the local shader folder content after each use of the tool, otherwise P3D crashes upon loading. This is minor and I might have overlooked this point in the readme...

2. I would definitely agree with some here that there should be some kind of a feedback after clicking on "install". Like now, I do not really now if the tool did anything or not.

Then, what I read but not really understand is the thing with the autogen. In your tool, do I have to click on "install" on each and every subpanel or does it install everything at once when the tickbox is set no matter on which subpanel I am? Thanks for clarification, besides this, thank you for all your efforts, great little tool here.

EDIT: ok, seems to be worse than I thought. When I delete the shader folder content and use your tool, it writes 37 files into the shader folder and my P3D crashes upon loading. Only if I delete those 37 shader files again, P3D runs as it should. But then, I wonder if I have your effects at all or not at all...

EDIT2: well, the tool does not write any shader files into this folder, my bad. But currently, nothing works anymore with my P3D. What I did: I read that putting terrain on bright might help with the dark virtual cockpit. I fired up the tool, changed terrain to bright, reinstalled the autogen fix and fired up P3D. Since then, nothing works anymore. Whatever, I do not have time to look into this now, might have to start from scratch next week.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hey,

I was wondering what are the recommended HDR settings in P3D that "go along" with your amazing addon addon

please tell me and thank you very very much.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.