Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Flying from TAPA  to TFFF. Everything looks nice in my P3D now. Thank you for making this addon :)

26699691806_ee63a468df_h.jpg26632317362_d97dc978ed_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Toni Hiltunen,

Scenery Designer, Freeflow Beta Team

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

Short clip showing the great cloud shadows as the sun moves across the sky.

• Upvote 3

tpewpb-6.png

Hi,

I am still new to all this - can someone tell me or post a link to the Autogen Tweak?

Thanks,

Jeff

"And Pe11e said Let there be light, and there was light. And Pe11e saw the light, and it was good; and Pe11e divided the light from the darkness

Amen

I like it! :)

Mike

Hi,

I am still new to all this - can someone tell me or post a link to the Autogen Tweak?

Hi Jeff,

The Autogen tweak is incorporated as part of Pe11e's utility.

Regards,

Mike

"And Pe11e said Let there be light, and there was light. And Pe11e saw the light, and it was good; and Pe11e divided the light from the darkness

Amen

Haha, awesome! Thank you! :D

I will use this just like that lol. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

....... might have to start from scratch next week.

Hi AnkH,

Before embarking on such a drastic course of action try the following:

1. Start the RealismShaderPack (RSP) tool and Restore everything (Hopefully you did take backups as the tool encouraged you to do on first run of RSP.)

2. Delete the Shaders folder located at:

"C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

Some suggest deleting only the content of this folder but deleting the folder is quicker and P3D will create a new one next time the sim is run.

N.B. Do not delete the ShadersHLSL folder in the P3D root folder. The files that are being tweaked by Pe11e's RSP tool are located in this folder. Several files in this folder are backed up by the RSP tool. P3D requires all the files in this folder to create/recreate the file content in the Shaders folder.

3. Run Prepar3D and allow it to rebuild the cache in the Shaders folder. This takes time and you may think that the sim has crashed while faced with a black window/screen. It hasn't, just be patient.

4. Assuming all is well and you are happy the sim is running again with the default lighting, exit Prepar3D.

5. Run the RSP tool and try the following Settings:

*Terrain Brightness: Medium (Install) - note that currently there is no confirmation of successful installation as the process is instantaneous. I believe such a message will appear in a future version.

Shadow Intensity: High (Install)

Autogen: Check the box for 'Enable Autogen Brightness Tweak' (Install)

Clouds: Enable Cloud Shader with alternative Popcorn Fix (Install)

(If using REX4 TD I suggest not using the 'REX cloud size tweak' meantime: Restore Default Cloud Shader, Uncheck Cloud Sizing Algorithm and slider should be at 0.50 Default. These options only became available with a recent update.)

HDR: Step 1 (Install)

*N.B. If you change the 'Terrain Brightness' setting at anytime then reinstall the 'Autogen Brightness Tweak'.

Prepar3D V3.2 Settings - Lighting:

HDR Lighting: checked

Brightness: 1.10

Bloom: 0.70

Saturation: 0.80

Enjoy! Good luck!

Regards,

Mike

Thank you for this tipps. The problem I have: I did all the backups, but only the first one I can restore. Although for all other four there is a backupdate listed, clicking on restore results in an error, telling me that the backup file is not found. Well, no time to check until Monday, pity.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

When trying to download I am getting an error that it has gone past the allowed bandwidth or something to that affect.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Thank you for this tipps. The problem I have: I did all the backups, but only the first one I can restore. Although for all other four there is a backupdate listed, clicking on restore results in an error, telling me that the backup file is not found. Well, no time to check until Monday, pity.

That's a problem of the utility GUI. After creating a backup for terrain shader, all other options are listed as backed too. But that isn't the case. You need to use the backup button for all four shaders seperately.

Patric

Guys, I've provided an option to restore original shader files that came with v3.2. It is the last button on the bottom of backup tab. Also the tool automatically deletes shader cache after every shader install, and every restore command.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Very impressive.

Great job!

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Getting this error message while trying to download....

"Error (429)

This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

SIM: X-Plane 11r2

180 degree view- 3 x 55" scenery Monitors -

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

Looking out of my VC and really like what I see: my sim's completely transformed. Definitely better.

Thank you so much Pe11e for this great addon, going to hit donate button.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Nevermind, link working now.

SIM: X-Plane 11r2

180 degree view- 3 x 55" scenery Monitors -

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.