Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

You have done an excellent job on this tool - thank you  :wink: LM take note - seems to me like Shade on steroids and noticed REX4 looks even better now - cool stuff  :dance:

If you are using Shade are you kind enough to share with me your P3D V3.2 Shade original backup? I am using Shade with RSP v1.1 with good results but end up loosing my Shade backup... Don't know how or when but it vanished...  :Hmmmph: 

You mean v1? In v1 terrain was set to very low brightness (even lower than low in v1.1) and shadows were on high intensity also. Darker the terrain is, the more intensive cloud shadows are. That's why some users were posting some screens with complete black cloud shadows, looked a lot more like holes than actual shadows lol.

If you have v1.1, keep shadows on high (slider to the right), and experiment with terrain brightness, but I recommend medium or high.

Thanks for the tips... a placebo maybe on my behalf.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Yup! Thanks Rich!!

As Rob notes from that thread:

I was experimenting with bloom values as P3D's HDR seemed "over bloomed" to me, especially at night where I couldn't read letters on lighted switches.

So here is what you need to change:

[YourP3DMainFolder]\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess

1.  Backup the file HDR.HLSL

2.  Edit the HDR.HLSL (notepad)

3.  Edit these lines (starting at 10-13)

Default lines

static const float BloomThreshold = 03.25f;
static const float BloomMagnitude = 03.75f;
static const float BloomBlurSigma = 0.9;
static const float TimeDelta = 0.2f;

Edited lines:
static const float BloomThreshold = 03.50f;
static const float BloomMagnitude = 04.00f;
static const float BloomBlurSigma = 1.4;
static const float TimeDelta = 4.0f;

4.  Delete the shaders folder located: C:\Users\[Your UserName goes here]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders -- i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

Here are results (warning very large images 3840 x 2160) ...

Default:

With my changes:

BloomBlurSigma seems to have the most impact ... the TimeDelta is just how long it takes one's eyes to adjust to change in light conditions, 4.0f means less time, 0.2f means more time (effect lasts longer).

• Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Rich ,now, there are 65 CSO files in Shaders folder.<br />My Screen is still dark , some airport light are appearing.<br /><br />How shall I solve this problem?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hmm, on second look I tried exploring the shaders HLSL file and Rob's references were going back to P3D v2 series. I couldn't see the lines or references in my current P3D 3.2 version.

Wonder if there is still an ability to play with the time adjustment as it used to be in that reference above?

Rob, are you out there by chance? : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Rich,

It didn't worked. I uninstall RSP v1.1. Deleted all files. Reboot the PC.Unfortunately RSP corrupted P3D files . I can not get back P3D to start clean.

I hope it didn't damaged OS. May be Win10 is not for RSP. Now I have to uninstall P3D and reinstall it.

I just completed P3D repair, but Repair did not solved the problem , also. What a mess.

Ahmet Sanal

If you are using Shade are you kind enough to share with me your P3D V3.2 Shade original backup? I am using Shade with RSP v1.1 with good results but end up loosing my Shade backup... Don't know how or when but it vanished...  :Hmmmph:

Hi I am not using with RSP - no reason too  :wink:

Rich,

It didn't worked. I uninstall RSP v1.1. Deleted all files. Reboot the PC.Unfortunately RSP corrupted P3D files . I can not get back P3D to start clean.

I hope it didn't damaged OS. May be Win10 is not for RSP. Now I have to uninstall P3D and reinstall it.

Well thats not good RSP shouldnt have caused a problem its only changing a few files - you can restore your original files and delete your P3D.cfg file and restart P3D - try that first - you can also just reinstall the .msi files without having to start over 

Rich Sennett

Just installed this and everything is darker. The plane, the cockpit, the shadows, the terrain. I have both terrain and shadows on high as instructed to fix the shadows in the cockpit but it doesn't look good at all.

I dont know how you guys get the brightness in the pics.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Rich,

What Pe11e has to say about this?. Is Win 10 supported for RSP or not?.

Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just installed this and everything is darker. The plane, the cockpit, the shadows, the terrain. I have both terrain and shadows on high as instructed to fix the shadows in the cockpit but it doesn't look good at all.

I dont know how you guys get the brightness in the pics.

You may want to post a screenshot of that menu in P3D to see your choices

What Pe11e has to say about this?. Is Win 10 supported for RSP or not?.

Ed

Of course it is Ed no difference - works great here - are you having an issue ?

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I just flew a PilotEdge flight from KSNA to KONT with Orbx SoCal, and it looked so realistic I could hardly believe my eyes. Really, really fantastic work. Just sitting on the ramp watching the cloud shadows cross the airport was pretty amazing, and the mountains in the distance were unbelievably real looking. 

The only thing I noticed that wasn't quite as realistic was the shade-side of scenery buildings (hangars at the ramp). They were very dark, almost black. But given how the everything else looked, I don't really care.

Pe11e, I will be hitting the donor button for sure. MANY thanks for this great modification.

And for the folks asking about Win 10, it runs fine on my Win 10 install. I did have to run the configurator as an administrator, though, or it threw an error when trying to modify the shader files.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

You may want to post a screenshot of that menu in P3D to see your choices

Of course it is Ed no difference - works great here - are you having an issue ?

Hi again Rich, and thanks for asking, but I haven't installed RSP yet, just because I'm running P3D on Win 10 and saw the posts (and pictures!) from asanal. At the same time I noticed that you and basementflyguy (and probably a lot others!) don't have any issues reported with Win 10, so maybe once final RSP version is released (not rc or beta) I will install it!!! (no rush. As i said before, I prefer to be conservative and wait to make sure I don't mess-up my P3Dv3.2 setup).

Cheers and keep that good attitude!

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Rich,

I reinstall just msi,files and result same I have the same P3D screen as above. It looks like RSP for my luck did some thing wrong to P3D.

Is there any thing left before I uninstall P3D, then all adons and reinstalled them again? It will take weeks.

Ahmet Sanal

Rich,

I reinstall just msi,files and result same I have the same P3D screen as above. It looks like RSP for my luck did some thing wrong to P3D.

Is there any thing left before I uninstall P3D, then all adons and reinstalled them again? It will take weeks.

Did you use Estonia migration tool to install stuff ? 

Rich Sennett

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.