Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Michael, thanks for the heads up and, Vic, my profound apologies for appearing to be doubting your mental prowess - I promise not to do it again! Of course, you're absolutely correct. As so often happens, we were wandering off topic and, certainly, it will be useful to have discussions about HDR & Bloom concentrated in a thread dedicated to that purpose. Good to know the Mods are keeping an ever watchful eye on their errant children :)

Regards,

Mike

LOL! No problems Mike. I'm still learning this mod stuff and I forget to let people know what I've done, either by PM or leaving a link in the original. Seemed like a good subject on it's own and @Adamski_NZ suggested a split.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I noticed that as well. Either the forum software is flaky when it comes to handling long threads or one of the moderators has had a senior moment and won't fess up to his error...lol! Looks like our pearls of wisdom are lost forever in the ether :(

Regards,

Mike

... I have experience what appears to be what feels like censorship/deletion of my posts… more than several times...Posting is an automatic process and requires no intervention… Deleting the post definitely involves fore thought, intent, and specific process ... Yes there are more than several moderators you have a distinct gift of arrogance.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

First of all i´d like to thank you for the RSP 1.1 I didnt expect to see such a big difference. Anyway it is amazing what is possible just to alter some shaders.

Second i´d like to share the result. However i combine RSP 1.1 with Reshade+Master Effect. Screenshot and vid were taken in the area of KPSP+FTX SCA ASN is the weather engine, REX4 provides the Soft Clouds and the simple sun mod brings some light into the scene ;)

screenshot.28.jpg

• Upvote 3

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Is this the right place to make requests (for RSP)?

I'm involved in a very interesting thread about overall [non-HDR] lightness/contrast not being configurable in P3D - and that settings can only be applied locally via *post-processing* (nVidia CP etc.) so the effects are never saved to a screenshot (or video, I presume).

Could RSP possibly include simple (but general) brightness and contrast tweaks? As the current RSP tweaks apply at core level, they work across the board. I'd love to be able to have the same control for these two settings.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Is this the right place to make requests (for RSP)?

I'm involved in a very interesting thread about overall [non-HDR] lightness/contrast not being configurable in P3D - and that settings can only be applied locally via *post-processing* (nVidia CP etc.) so the effects are never saved to a screenshot (or video, I presume).

Could RSP possibly include simple (but general) brightness and contrast tweaks? As the current RSP tweaks apply at core level, they work across the board. I'd love to be able to have the same control for these two settings.

Adam.

G´day Adam,

im very new to RSP but Reshade would be a solution. Check out this vid if you havent seen it before. It shows you how to edit the h.file (in this case it is the Master Effect. IMHO the best shader i´ve seen so far) Once you have Reshade installed you have to install the Master Effect. It is pretty straight forward. With RSP it is, at least for me the best visual enhancement for now.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried a number of times with ReShade - with no real success. Again, I found 99% of its effects totally unrealistic (and "cheesy") - but, worse still, I had no end of trouble with it (stability-wise) when combined with DSR.

I may just try it yet again, but I'm not overly keen, I muist say! My P3Dv3 is beautifully stable (and has been for a while) - I don't really want to screw it up.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Just tried it.

Looks nice from an external camera, but the VC is way too dark even with shadow intensity at Low. I tried with the Carenado F33 and Carenado Commander 114.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

For dark cockpits install terrain brightness medium or high and reinstall autogen fix. Also you can try to install different sky textures as they also can alter cockpit shadows significantly.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thank you for this

Thou I have noticed panning in pmdg 777 vc

I noticed outside shadows popping in and out

That normal ?

Any advise?

Cheers

Mike

Hey guys, how are you?

I'm having this trouble, after installing RSP. Could you help, me?

P3D HDR is on, and I also use REX textures with ASN.

mR0Sr2N.gif

Dude you are awesome a complete transformation of my sim. Many thanks  :hi:  :Party:  :dance:

Hey guys, how are you?

I'm having this trouble, after installing RSP. Could you help, me?

P3D HDR is on, and I also use REX textures with ASN.

mR0Sr2N.gif

This picture is typical of the start-up of P3D while it is re-building the shader cache. Your should wait until it finishes this process that will happen just once after applying RSP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed. Thanks for your help, but no deal.

Now, when I start the P3D, the "aircraft preview box" it's dark.

I tried restoring the backup, but RSP just saved the GPUterrain.fx. Everything else is missing.

hpeisIN.png

This is how it looks, now. It's set to daytime, BTW.

Hi Ed. Thanks for your help, but no deal.

Now, when I start the P3D, the "aircraft preview box" it's dark.

I tried restoring the backup, but RSP just saved the GPUterrain.fx. Everything else is missing.

hpeisIN.png

This is how it looks, now. It's set to daytime, BTW.

It was recommended to backup the complete ShadersHLSL folder under the main P3D folder before applying RSP. Did you do that?.

In case you did it, you can restore that complete folder and forget which files were modified or not.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.