Ahh i see i will try that tomorrow.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Developer input would help here a lot ? not sure why He is not chiming in 

Rich Sennett

Developer input would help here a lot ? not sure why He is not chiming in

Because I'm still on v3.2. And I don't know when I will update to v3.3. Issues with add on airports after z fighting fix is keeping me away from updating.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Because I'm still on v3.2. And I don't know when I will update to v3.3. Issues with add on airports after z fighting fix is keeping me away from updating.

Great - just wanted to hear your thoughts on it - thank you 

Rich Sennett

Long thread.  Did anyone find a way to reduce the transition time from looking down in the cockpit and looking up outside?  I'd really like to get it to happen faster.

Yes, I fiddled with ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR... I don't remember the value and I am not in front of my P3D system. Just try 0 or 1. One of them reduced the eye adaptation considerably.

Cheers

My p3d got messed up im having black clouds and i cant get rid of them.

So i say wait.

Kind regards

Yes so did mine, but now after reinstalling the Client and Content pack again and deleting the Shader cache it's all working again fine again - no black clouds anymore. Performance in thick rainy Rex 4 Direct clouds seems great. Not sure what else has changed, GSX is working tho..

For the record, I backed up my Autogen directory and had to copy over some of the original autogen files, I understand Orbx needs these if you have FTX Global. You need to do this even if you did not update the scenery.

Hope this helps

Ray

Yes so did mine, but now after reinstalling the Client and Content pack again and deleting the Shader cache it's all working again fine again - no black clouds anymore. Performance in thick rainy Rex 4 Direct clouds seems great. Not sure what else has changed, GSX is working tho..

For the record, I backed up my Autogen directory and had to copy over some of the original autogen files, I understand Orbx needs these if you have FTX Global. You need to do this even if you did not update the scenery.

Hope this helps

Ray

Hello Ray,

I have the same problem; please can describe or confirm that procedure to repair the "black clouds)

1) Backup Autogen directory

2) Installing Client 3.2.3

3) Installing Content 3.2.3

4) Delete shader cache

5) Restoring Autogen

Correct?

Thks in adv for attention

Best Regards

Roberto

Restored shader files within RSP, reinstalled client and content, deleted shader folder, still black clouds after enabling RSP... My guess is it's not compatible..

Restored shader files within RSP, reinstalled client and content, deleted shader folder, still black clouds after enabling RSP... My guess is it's not compatible..

Its not and has been stated by developer - you can try P3D Tweak assistant - it works

Rich Sennett

Its not and has been stated by developer - you can try P3D Tweak assistant - it works

Hi richard What is the tweak assistant and were i can found?

Tks

Also me after the "above " procedure the clouds remain black

Tks

Roberto

What is the tweak assistant and were i can found?

It offers a wider range of compiled shader tweaks and is better than RSP for that reason, along with being v3.2.3 compatible.  You can get it here.  http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Before running restore your original ShadersHLSL folder.

Hi richard What is the tweak assistant and were i can found?

Tks

Also me after the "above " procedure the clouds remain black

Tks

Roberto

Not having this issue but you mention this

2) Installing Client 3.2.3

3) Installing Content 3.2.3

You did not mention installing Scenery msi - if you can install all three - making sure you un-install them firts before installing new versions in add/remove program in windows - I do one at a time installing its new version with each uninstall

Start with Client - Content - Scenery last - then backup your ShadersHLSL folder and i always backup my main texture folder also

Thats about all I can think of doing to get you back to normal

PTA - get your sim stable first

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/page-1

Rich Sennett

Ok thanks Richard. Will give it a try.

Ok thanks Richard. Will give it a try.

Cool should work

Rich Sennett

Hi Roberto

Just to be clear my black cloud problems started when I installed v 3.3.

I had v3.2 before and RSP worked perfectly well.

RSP is not yet compatible with v3.3 so you must wait until a new version is released and ensure you use backup first.

To get rid of black clouds, Make sure you uninstall your modules via Windows before reinstalling though or it won't work. Also I would back up the HLSL directory in p3d main directory to be safe.

Don't install RSP until the correct version is released.

Otherwise your procedures look OK

Good luck

Ray

Hello Ray,

I have the same problem; please can describe or confirm that procedure to repair the "black clouds)

1) Backup Autogen directory

2) Installing Client 3.2.3

3) Installing Content 3.2.3

4) Delete shader cache

5) Restoring Autogen

Correct?

Thks in adv for attention

Best Regards

Roberto

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.