Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Kevin, it is good you are putting your input. We are here to help Pe11e developer. I think we all want RSP works well.

It will simple to identify (??) if OOM caused by RSP. This I can duplicated.

1-I did not changed 2048. It remains same as before.

Wondering if this might be your issue - do you have this version of REX4 as this slider moved to the right will induce many larger clouds which can hit your performance try my setting here

As Kevin mentioned might have something to do with clouds in you p3d.cfg file change this line to 256 - its for shadows but may help

Under [graphics] section

CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=256

2qaoi82.jpg

Rich Sennett

ok,I was suspitons with clouds. It can contribute to OOM. I will make  test flight and will inform

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

ok,I was suspitons with clouds. It can contribute to OOM. I will make  test flight and will inform

Great thanks  :smile:

Rich Sennett

BTW my "Cloud Sizing Algorithm" was set for MAX. (That is the problem) I lovered to 0.52 Medium. I am in  test flight now. Will inform,

Ahmet Sanal

BTW my "Cloud Sizing Algorithm" was set for MAX. (That is the problem) I lovered to 0.52 Medium. I am in  test flight now. Will inform,

Yes thats a huge problem but looks awesome  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Loving my new flights thru thunderstorms with RSP - thanks Pe11e  :wub:

2gwuxrr.jpg

WAT1460.png

I made 3 OOM test flights with help of Richard Sennett OOM generating problem identified and eliminated.

RSP v1.1 is PERFECT and nothing to do with OOM.

REX4Direct+Soft Clouds "Cloud Sizing Algorithm" was set for MAX. (That is the problem)RICH advised to lower to 0.52 Medium. When I landed available VAS 1.3GB with PMDG 700X

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/921/FDhGaQ.jpg

Short Final at CYQX with 1.3BG Available VAS

• Upvote 2

Ahmet Sanal

I made 3 OOM test flights with help of Richard Sennett OOM generating problem identified and eliminated.

RSP v1.1 is PERFECT and nothing to do with OOM.

REX4Direct+Soft Clouds "Cloud Sizing Algorithm" was set for MAX. (That is the problem)RICH advised to lower to 0.52 Medium. When I landed available VAS 1.3GB with PMDG 700X

http://imagizer.imag.../921/FDhGaQ.jpg

Short Final at CYQX with 1.3BG Available VAS

Wow, that's huge news.  I have TextureDirect and SoftClouds but I'm only using REX4.  One wonders if there's a similar setting or if SoftClouds is better on VAS with the sliders reduced.  I much prefer REX4 over Texture Direct.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

One wonders if there's a similar setting or if SoftClouds is better on VAS with the sliders reduced.  I much prefer REX4 over Texture Direct.

You do not need such a slider, as the default cloud size algorithm is set to "0.50". So, if your tool does not allow to increase this value, you will not gain any VAS by lowering an anyway not increased value.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

BTW: is there any possibility that the improved haze at the end of the visual distance will also be selectable? For me, the view distance in clear skies is now a little bit to short. For cloudy weather it fits perfectly, yes, but otherwise it looks like there is always kind of a smog at the distance...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

haze at the end of the visual distance..... For cloudy weather it fits perfectly, yes, but otherwise it looks like there is always kind of a smog at the distance...

Hi AnkH,

I suppose it might depend where you are in this modern world of ours. To me it looks kinda 'natural'.....unfortunately :(

Regards,

Mike

BTW: is there any possibility that the improved haze at the end of the visual distance will also be selectable? For me, the view distance in clear skies is now a little bit to short. For cloudy weather it fits perfectly, yes, but otherwise it looks like there is always kind of a smog at the distance...

Actually, I flew Newark - New Orleans some weeks ago and when we departed Newark it was supposedly clear skies. But once we climbed, the haze became really apparent in the horizon. So probably it varies quite a lot depending where you are.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guys, I know that the haze is realistic in some areas... Fact is, that I did a short flight yesterday starting at ORCAS and in about 30nm distance, everything was covered with this haze. I then selected "clear skies" and the haze persisted. As I said, while the haze looked good when there is cloudy weather, the view distance is definitely to small when using "clear skies". Well, I know that there are some limitations in the P3D engine regarding view distance, usually it is far to big, so I guess I have to live with it, now it is at least not anymore to big.

Greetings, Chris

I much prefer REX4 over Texture Direct.

Uhm... What?

REX 4 = Texture Direct = REX 4 Texture Direct...

REX 4 = Texture Direct = REX 4 Texture Direct...

No.  Not at all.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.