Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

No.  Not at all.

Its is though. The full title for REX4 is REX4 Texture Direct (with soft clouds)

4aw5Cp6.jpg

Prior to that we have REX Essential Plus. Not that it really matters :)

Uhm... What?

REX 4 = Texture Direct = REX 4 Texture Direct...

I agree. Don't see the point here!

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

No.  Not at all.

As others have also pointed out, yes, yes at all. That's the full product name.

Maybe you meant to compare essentials with TD?

I made 3 OOM test flights with help of Richard Sennett OOM generating problem identified and eliminated.RSP v1.1 is PERFECT and nothing to do with OOM.REX4Direct+Soft Clouds "Cloud Sizing Algorithm" was set for MAX. (That is the problem)RICH advised to lower to 0.52 Medium. When I landed available VAS 1.3GB with PMDG 700Xhttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/921/FDhGaQ.jpgShort Final at CYQX with 1.3BG Available VAS

Was that vas showing through FSUIPC or something else?

So, the cloud sizing value that REX implemented, and it was generally known tweak among some simmers here, will also affect VAS big time, not only fps. Good to know!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

As others have also pointed out, yes, yes at all. That's the full product name.

Sorry, I guess I always think of REX4 Essentials+ as REX4 and Texture Direct as Texture Direct.  Essentials+ is the product I prefer.  I found Texture Direct too limiting.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I found Texture Direct too limiting.

Same here Greg

So, the cloud sizing value that REX implemented, and it was generally known tweak among some simmers here, will also affect VAS big time, not only fps. Good to know!

Not sure about that. Would like to know what the guys at REX think about !

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Not sure about that. Would like to know what the guys at REX think about !

Cheers,

Ed

THey only implemented the tweak in the REX4. I doubt they will provide some good explanation since that tweak was known earlier.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Its a great tweak but you do need to be careful about the scale as it not only causes problems with performance, and maybe VAS too, but it also means weather engines cloud placement may be affected by over-scaled clouds intersecting the ground.

I use a manual unconstrained proportion of .57 height by .61 width. This again helps a little with the popcorn affect, without looking stretched. It works for me anyway, with my shader values.

I have mine set at 0,75 (slider) with no OOM, nor fps problems (so far!)

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Tried this last night and I am very impressed.  It really adds to the realism of the sim.  I am on W10 and had no problems with the install or P3D and I didn't see any performance hit at all.  Nice job! 

Carlos,

"Was that vas showing through FSUIPC or something else?"

Yes, through FSUIPC.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Any solution for white cirrus clouds at nighr ?

Thank you

Roi Ben

Any solution for white cirrus clouds at nighr ?

Thank you

I might update the cloud shader and add a tweak for darker cirrus clouds also.

cheers

I might update the cloud shader and add a tweak for darker cirrus clouds also.

cheers

Thats perfect !

Thank you for all your donation to the sim community!

Roi Ben

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.