Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

I gotta say thanks again to Pe11e. I shot a video of pattern work on PilotEdge at KSNA last night to test a new audio hook-in for the GoPro, and as I was watching it this morning the cloud shadows seemed so real I nearly could not believe it. I didn't plan to upload and post it, but I mean, really: are you kidding me? I love how on takeoff it goes from dark to light with mottled in between ...

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Hi BFG,

What an amazing video and what an impressive 'office'! Well done! I would dearly love to upload some of my flights, but am constantly frustrated by painfully slow upload speeds (<1Mb/s).These files tend to be very large and in some cases will take several hours to upload to YouTube with a high risk of failure, so I tend not to bother.

You know, I'm starting to wonder whether our reluctance to update P3D will soon become a reality, that is assuming we haven't arrived at that point already. The RealismShaderPack is, without a doubt, the icing on the cake making each flight as near to perfection as could be considered possible in the flight simulation world. Obviously I'm including ORBX, etc. in this equation but, honestly, what more do we really need other than perhaps a 64bit version?

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

So ticking the all the shadow boxes will have no impact on fps and performance?

Cheers?

Mike

Good question. I'd like to know experiences regarding this, including shadow quality and distances. For me what, apparently, worsened the FPS was putting the shadow quality to its maximum. So I have set it one notch before.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Turning on any shadows will always come at a cost :(

Rich Sennett

I'm having a weird issue with shadows...

Looking at external view there seem to bee some massive shadows that I don't know what they belong to, and seem to change/vary as I turn the camera.

Here are screenshots. What the hell is this..?

2016-5-8_16-50-46-324.jpg

2016-5-8_16-50-38-706.jpg

hi, thanks for the tool, excellent

Any chance of a setting for cloud shadows which is less darker than the current lowest? finding it a bit to dark for my taste

thx 

I'm having a weird issue with shadows...

Looking at external view there seem to bee some massive shadows that I don't know what they belong to, and seem to change/vary as I turn the camera.

Here are screenshots. What the hell is this..?

2016-5-8_16-50-46-324.jpg

2016-5-8_16-50-38-706.jpg

Maybe the clouds are lower that the mountain tops, but the shadow is still drawn? Just a thought.

hi, thanks for the tool, excellent

Any chance of a setting for cloud shadows which is less darker than the current lowest? finding it a bit to dark for my taste

thx 

If you go any lower than low you will hit the default shadow intensity in P3D. No need for RSP, unless you want to change terrain brightness only?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm having a weird issue with shadows...Looking at external view there seem to bee some massive shadows that I don't know what they belong to, and seem to change/vary as I turn the camera.Here are screenshots. What the hell is this..?

That's a bug in P3D. Depending on the time and angle of the sun, you get changing shadows. Extremly annoying in the cockpit, where the shadows go on and off depending on the direction you look at.

Why not setting it to medium?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi all - I am using a projector with my home cockpit. How discernable are the images on a projected screen?

Thanks.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi all - I am using a projector with my home cockpit. How discernable are the images on a projected screen?

Thanks.

Looks great on mine. The video higher up on this page has a projector for the front view.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Looks great on mine. The video higher up on this page has a projector for the front view.

So that's a projection, awesome! I thought it was a larger TV screen.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

That's a bug in P3D. Depending on the time and angle of the sun, you get changing shadows. Extremly annoying in the cockpit, where the shadows go on and off depending on the direction you look at.

Yeah that's exactly right. Seems as if the sim was broken, and so annoying!!! Is this a reported bug that they plan to fix, or not for the time being? Not really sure how they could not for something this big (and surprised I didn't read about it elsewhere yet?)

Maybe the clouds are lower that the mountain tops, but the shadow is still drawn? Just a thought.

Don't think it's related to that at all. The shadow will move as you move the viewpoint, "casting" itself/shifting on different parts of the scenery as you move the view

Actually it's a bit of both. With the "bug" all you have to do is look back and forth and the shadow moves. With the shadow peeking over uneven mountains, it just comes and goes.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

once installed and have wanted to delete p3d cfg to create new will I have to install shader pack v1.1 settings again?

thanks

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.