Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

I would pay for reshade to work in 3.3.5  :smile:

Far as I know, all shader tweaks work in v3.3, except the clouds. Backup ShadersHLSL folder, apply terrain/shadow and autogen tweak, and leave default cloud shader, or try to use PTA tool for cloud shader tweaks, although it will report that shader files are not original.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Far as I know, all shader tweaks work in v3.3, except the clouds. Backup ShadersHLSL folder, apply terrain/shadow and autogen tweak, and leave default cloud shader, or try to use PTA tool for cloud shader tweaks, although it will report that shader files are not original.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Mostly sound packs :)

That I would like to hear more about.  The FS world is in short supply of a more diverse set of high quality sound packs.

I would pay for reshade to work in 3.3.5  :smile:

The actual suite called "ReShade" http://reshade.me/ works fine with 3.3.5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The actual suite called "ReShade" http://reshade.me/ works fine with 3.3.5

What does Reshade add to P3D which PTA doesn't? I've never used it.

What does Reshade add to P3D which PTA doesn't? I've never used it.

the ReShade suite is far, far more advanced in terms of post-processing effects but it doesn't manipulate the game's shader files. So no P3D specific shader enhancements (Specific cloud colours etc.) But it does allow changes on-the-fly, advanced manipulation with colours, lighting, AO, filters, external bloom, grain, sharpening, FXAA / SMAA anti-aliasing, colour channels etc. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

the ReShade suite is far, far more advanced in terms of post-processing effects but it doesn't manipulate the game's shader files. So no P3D specific shader enhancements. You can also make changes on-the-fly, among other things. 

Sounds great.  I might look into getting this although am very happy with the PTA.  

It's a case of "swings and roundabouts" and "horses for courses", I'm afraid!

reShade allows you to *post-process* (ie. "on the fly") anything that your sim spews out to the display. One of the advantages is that you can tweak it "live" and compare different settings in real time.

The PTA procedure is different (though it *also* includes post-processing modifications). However - it writes all these tweaks to the core sim shader (config) files, so you have to re-start the sim (and clear the shaders *cache*) each time. I found the advantages of the *additional* tweaks that come with PTA (ie. that aren't purely post-processing related) by far outweigh the disadvantages. I ended up with a far more satisfying/natural/realistic look in P3D that I simply couldn't achieve in reShade alone.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

The PTA procdeure is different (though it *also* includes post-processing modifications). However - it writes all these tweaks to the core sim shader (config) files, so you have to re-start the sim (and clear the shaders *cache*) each time. I found the advantages of the *additional* tweaks that come with PTA (ie. that aren't purely post-processing related) by far outweigh the disadvantages. I ended up with a far more satisfying/natural/realistic look in P3D that I simply couldn't achieve in reShade alone.

Okay, that's useful to know.  Thanks

It's a case of "swings and roundabouts" and "horses for courses", I'm afraid!

reShade allows you to *post-process* (ie. "on the fly") anything that your sim spews out to the display. One of the advantages is that you can tweak it "live" and compare different settings in real time.

The PTA procdeure is different (though it *also* includes post-processing modifications). However - it writes all these tweaks to the core sim shader (config) files, so you have to re-start the sim (and clear the shaders *cache*) each time. I found the advantages of the *additional* tweaks that come with PTA (ie. that aren't purely post-processing related) by far outweigh the disadvantages. I ended up with a far more satisfying/natural/realistic look in P3D that I simply couldn't achieve in reShade alone.

Adam.

Exactly but this wasn't a "One is better than the other", this was simply me trying to clarify that calling RSP / PTA or any of these tweak suites for "ReShade" is confusing at best. 

ReShade is a completely different, well-known product you can use alongside these tools :)

Exactly but this wasn't a "One is better than the other", this was simply me trying to clarify that calling RSP / PTA or any of these tweak suites for "ReShade" is confusing at best. 

ReShade is a completely different, well-known product you can use alongside these tools :)

Absolutely right! I couldn't agree more! Sure is confusing!

For what it's worth (as I've made my preference no secret) I'd say ... "don't be confused - just go for PTA and have done with!" :wink:

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Short question: Is there are keyboard shortcut or any chance to turn the shaders off / on on the fly?

Or another question: Is there a simple solution to set them off for a flight? I believe I have some trouble with the shaders + PMDG 777 + time compression.

That I would like to hear more about.  The FS world is in short supply of a more diverse set of high quality sound packs.

Well I've decided to share current WIP, but very close to finishing it. HD engine soundpack, realistic ground rool, wind sounds, etc...

Boeing Stearman Model 75 - HD soundpack preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzlgRuIiog

More info soon. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Very nice news!!!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.