Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Why won't this site let me cut and paste text anymore?

Cannot paste text or links into this area anymore,,,?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That's correct.  We do not use HTML.  We use BBCode.  For posting a link, just click on the link icon in the menu above and paste your link there.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

?????  I just cut and pasted these....

Cannot paste text 

We use BBCode.

Best regards,

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well that is odd,,,all the other sites use html. Also the way you remove the editing option is really a pain. I post a for sale item and cannot add pictures or change the price after a short time.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I see what you're saying. You have plain Text mode turned on. You need to make sure the little light switch button on the edit box is clicked. This allows one to switch between plain text and rich text.

"I see what you're saying. You have plain Text mode turned on. You need to make sure the little light switch button on the edit box is clicked. This allows one to switch between plain text and rich text"

You got it, thanks!

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Unfortunately that is not working for IE11. I was *forced* to update from IE10 to IE11 and find that I'm unable to paste images, and cannot quote anything unless I turn OFF the "BBCode mode."

I have Chrome and it does work, I just don't particularly like using Chrome... :Tounge:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have Chrome and it does work, I just don't particularly like using Chrome...

Guess I should have mentioned above that Chrome is what I am using.  And Bill, I do not have a browser I really like either. I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge took things a step further...  in the wrong direction.  Starts with importing Bookmarks, which it puts in the order IT wants to put them in.  Gotta love em at MS! Wish they had abandoned browsers instead of flight sims.  :dance:

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Gotta love em at MS! Wish they had abandoned browsers instead of flight sims.

Love it!!!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors