Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

California - North Coast, Redwoods & Wine Country

California - North Coast, Redwoods & Wine Country

Departing from Brookings (KBOK) the route proceeds south following US 101, passing Crescent City and the Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park. The first stop is at Mc Beth (S51) on the Klamath River. The route continues following US 101 as it bisects Redwood National Park and reaches the Pacific Coast near the Humbolt Lagoons. Continuing south past Arcata/Eureka Airport and past Arcata Bay the route turns inland at the Eel River for the next stop at Rhonerville Airport (KFOT) at Fortuna California. Follow US101 and the Eel River valley to the Humbolt Redwoods State Park and Avenue of the Giants to the next stop at Gaberville (O16), then follow US101 south to Legget and the junction of California Highway 1 [CA1]. Turning south west we follow the twisting CA1 to the coast, passing Ft Bragg and Mendicino, before landing at Little River (KLLR). Departing Little River we leave the coast to follow the Navarro River and California Route 128 to Cloverdale (O60) on the Russian River, then a short leg to Charles M Schulz Sonoma County Airport (KSTS). Turning eastward we cross the hills separating Sonoma from Napa, and cross Napa valley between Calistoga and St Helena, and land at Angwin-Parret Field(2O3). The final (64nm) leg heads southward crossing Napa Valley, San Pablo Bay, San Rafael, and Sausalito before reaching the Golden Gate Bridge. After flying under the Golden Gate we fly over the City of San Francisco and then finish our journey with a landing at Half Moon Bay (KHAF) 

The route is 329nm and aircraft capable of cruise speed of 200+ knts is planned. The Lancair Legacy is a good choice, I am choosing something that make a bit more noise, but as always you are free to fly what you like.

MendicinoLeg.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest

Orbx FTX Northern California

Date and time: Saturday 30 April 2016, 1800 UTC

(NOTE: New UTC start time during Daylight Savings Time Period) http://time.is/UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to 23:25 UTC, 16:25 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Well done Jeff. I'll give you a well deserved break for the following Saturday. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I won't be able to join this time as I'm away this weekend but I'll try to fly at least some of the route next week.  Hope you guys have a good one!

I shall be flying a quiet, relaxing Lancair 1V-P fitted with a Teledyne Continental TSIO-550-E.

OK, there is 'Angle angle push push' to contend with and landing speeds in excess of 'too fast', but you can't have everything. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It was great to hookup for a Saturday flight again - it's been way too long!

Today, took a look at the Lua screenshot code to see why it broke down while "rough housing" around the SFO bridges. Looking at the FSUIPC log for any clues, found this..... FPS for my little AMD @ 3.88 ghz - YEAH RIGHT!  :LMAO: 

2614483 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 57 secs = 3008.8 fps
2614483              Max AI traffic was 0 aircraft
Minimum frame rate was 5.5 fps, Maximum was 1532.5 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 1369Mb
Maximum AI traffic for session was 6 aircraft
Memory managed: 2823 Allocs, 2823 Freed

Getting ready for departure - It's looking like a hazy day with strong (~20 kts+) northerly winds at all our destinations.

The crew for this flight - Myself in the T-28C (Orn/Wht), Stew & Josh in Legacy's, Ron in the Lancair IV-P & Jeff in the T-28D.

SS_30Apr16_130519_KBOK.jpg?dl=0

Ron & Jeff Taxiing in after landing at KFOT (Rhonerville).

SS_30Apr16_135158_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Lining up for departure @ Rhonerville. Waiting on Stew - He was out making a sandwich and..... Didn't bring us one! LOL.

SS_30Apr16_135543_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Stew smartly reversing his approach - too high and fast on the first try. O16 (Garberville)

SS_30Apr16_140915_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Josh doing the same - he just plain missed it during a distraction.

SS_30Apr16_141144_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Jeff bringing the Trojan with nary a screech or for that matter, tire smoke. O16 (Garberville)

SS_30Apr16_141249_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Josh testing his "anti" - horticulture skills at O48 (Little River).

SS_30Apr16_143353_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Stew looking smart at Little River.

SS_30Apr16_143457_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Ron shadowing Jeff coming into Little River. "Traffic - Traffic - Traffic" ;-)

SS_30Apr16_143547_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Ron - Dead center & on the numbers. Nice!

SS_30Apr16_143813_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Jeff coming in - Looking good!

SS_30Apr16_143927_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Jeff rolling out @ KSTS (Charles M. Schulz) - A busy place.

SS_30Apr16_152233_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Stew, Ron and I just chillaxing while Josh & Jeff are pissing off ground control as they taxi all over the place checking out all the sights. LOL, Plenty to see.

SS_30Apr16_152450_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Always the best part of the day. Stew looking like he's going to return to earth right at the numbers.. YUP. 2O3 (Angwin - Parret) Cool field!

SS_30Apr16_160009_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Jeff coming in nicely on the 5* slope, TRVC showing green.

SS_30Apr16_160121_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Looking right at the numbers too!

SS_30Apr16_160140_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Jeff over the radio - "We have some time left before dark, let's hit all the bridges." As implied, "fun time" is now open for business.

"Roger - Wilco"

SS_30Apr16_162112_KEKA.gif?dl=0

SS_30Apr16_162402_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

We will end up here, and not for a tour, if we keep up this funny business.

SS_30Apr16_162458_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Yup,,, Sure did!

SS_30Apr16_162729_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

Got all sweaty during all that fun around the SFO area - stopping in (Stew & Josh too) at the quick stop for refresments. KHAF (Half Moon Bay)

SS_30Apr16_163824_KEKA.jpg?dl=0

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Nice survey of an outstanding trip.  Thanks, Roman! :good:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Great shots Roman. :good:  

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png