Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Which important programs do you think have to be instal...

Guest Zoltan

I'm new to here so Hello everybody!Which important programs do you think have to be installd to fs?FSNavFSUIPCActiveskyActivecameraFS EnvironmentTraffic (Ultimate Traffic or MyTraffic)Fs Roads...Anything else?tnxZoltan

Guest bobsk8

Although the are not programs, I think they add great deal to FS9FS Genesis MeshUltimate Terrain

Hello Zoltan. My recommendation is something called 'Ultimate Plane' which is an amalgamation of all the really good free- and payware addons of recent years, blended flawlessly to create an aircraft that excells in all areas and is loved by everybody.It's difficult to describe (as you can imagine) but you can use it for intercontinental flights, bush flying and everything in between. It has an amazing virtual cockpit unless you don't like them in which case it hasn't. Of course every control, button and switch is clickable and the FMC will do everything for you if you so wish, including switching off your computer after each FS session. But do not fear - there's also a 'Lou Betti clickspot' on the dash which, when pressed, permanently destroys all autopilot functions and obliges you to fly and land the plane manually. }( 'Ultimate plane' is due out soon..Ian

Guest Kilstorm McBride

Hello and welcome.I'm going to suggest FSUIPC first because it allows certain addons to work plus its a great tool to help customize our simming. I have Ultimate Traffic for muu AI addon and have no complaints.I have Ultimate Terrain with the updated patches and love what it does. It is import to do research on it to firgure out what kind of setting you will want. theres a feature that allow for street lights on residental roads but by applying it you loose a lot of auto gen. Not sure if you would need FS roads with Ultimate Terrain.I would highly suggest Active Camera if you enjoy using the virtual cockpit.I would also suggest FShotseatFX to add great sounds to the AI planes as well as your own.Look for better night lighting textures than the default because there are some out there as freeware.I also use FSFailure to randomly generate failures to add to the realism. It was made for FS2002 but still works in CoF.I use FSlogbook to log my flight over the defaults.Depending on how you want to fly really dicates what addons will seem important to you. FSpassenager for example might be something you want for flying bigger planes as well as FScrew for co-pilot and checklist.There the new Birds Eye View for ground textures and enhancements.I believe Active Sky and FS Environment combined work well for weather and most people go that route. I stick to default and simple clouds since I like flying GA on small low hops and can not stand the way the Defult ATC works for vectoring traffic (especially in a small ga). Just for some thought start a logbook of every change you make and the files you replace or edit. It will help in the long run.There are so many addons to enhance FS from a utility point of view. Example is AIsmooth which trys to fix the way ATC vectors planes. Some you find you like others not. One thing I can say about scenery is if you buy any the Rhode Island Scenery is amazing for detail and no frame impact. There are some great developers out there but depending on your system you will want to read some reviews and do some searches before you buy.Hope this helps.Kilstorm Edited to add: FSgensis for mesh, AFCAD for airport files, Ttools for traffic files are other useful items to look at.

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>I'm new to here so Hello everybody!>>Which important programs do you think have to be installd to>fs?Hello. If you are using FS 2004, none of them have to be installed really. Some of those on your list make FS 2004 different, but opinions divide on whether they enhance or degrade. Expect lots of people here to say the former.Best wishes,Michael

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!There are two utilities that are free that I highly recomend. Both are in the Avsim Library. One is Flight Sim Manager 2.8 and the other is FSAutostart by Ken Salters. Used properly they can help your computer run Flight Sim better. Since the Manager has very useful stuff, but it does not have the ability to automatically end programs and services to give more resources to your sim, I often use FSAutostart to start FSM then start FS9 from FSM 2.8. Not just on multiplayer or with traffic enabled, having a certain number of extra addon planes can load your computer apparently. The features I use most are the ability to divide aircraft into fleets and deactivate/reactivate them at will in seconds(like "Amphibians", "unwanted Default" or "mulitplayer"), the diagnosing features and the abilty to send planes to the "hangar" when they are zipped up. There is some support for installing aircraft, but due to the plethora of ways aircraft files can be assembled it's not foolproof. For planes with .EXE installers, I install them, back them up in the hangar, uninstall them to get rid of the entries in Add/remove programs and restore them from the hangar. If disk space is an issue, it's nice that planes sent to the hangar are automatilcally zipped.I know of a few more, I'm gonna edit this to get the exact file names and authors unless the period runs out.FIRST: BACK UP YOUR ENTIRE TEXTURE FOLDER.Edit: Two by Chris Arrington are great. FS2night.zip is improved night lighting with no increase in load. AEY7.zip improves default airports imeasurably. According to the readme V7 has reduced the performance drop from previous versions, I have a VERY low end machine and it's fine with it. Of course almost all I ever do is play chess and Flight sims on it.USA Waters was great for me, the Lehigh river near my house is landable now, up from practically a blue line. It's the only payware scenery element I have.USA Roads is availablefrom FSFreeware, it is designed to work with US waters but it's free.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Active Camera Definitely.....Active Sky V Definitely.....FS Genesis 38mm Mesh and FS Genesis Landclass Definitely.....Bev Definitely......and UT, Ultimate Terrain.....DefinitelyAdd some nice planes, mix well, and enjoy.

Radar ContactJimCYWG