Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

How to identify the correct gates used by specific airline at airports ?

Hi,

Not sure if this belongs here but here goes...

I have started flying with a virtual airline and the despatch does not indicate the parked gate.

So when I load a scenery/position at the departure airport, I have trouble choosing the gate,just trying to archive a but of realism here.

Is there any resource that tells wpt he gates used by specific airline at an airport ?.

Thanks

Sometimes you can get lucky and google a specific airport's terminal map and you can find that information. For example I'll use San Fransisco http://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/airlines-at-sfo

Other times you can use flightaware.com and that will also list the departure and arrival gates for that specific flight as you can see listed under the airport names it shows Gate D1 and Terminal 4 http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CAL12/history/20160428/0930Z/RCTP/KJFK

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

There a couple ways I do it. I'm sure there are other methods.

The first is an Internet search such as 'kaqb airport terminal map'.   Not all airports will post maps, but many do.

The second, if it is a hub supported by a Virtual Airline is to go to the VA site.  Virtual United Airlines, which I fly for has a 'hub cheatsheet' for each hub they support.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I usually take a look at 'FlightBoard' on my iPad and it gives me the departure and arrival gate/terminal for most of the flights I look up. It's available on both Android and iOS. In the picture below, as an example, you can see DXB departures with BA108 selected.

v5yINfK.jpg

Alternatively, if you don't want to use a second device, you could try FlightStats.com. They usually have terminal information for most of the flights.

I call up a recent existing flight on Flightaware.com and it gives you the route and the arrival and departure gates.

Jeff Callender

And if by any chance you don't get the info you want from flightaware, ifly.com has about every terminal map you need. You can at least find out what gates are used by each airline.

Worst case scenario, open the AFCAD of the airport you're going to depart or arrive at and see how the gates are assigned to each airline. Of course if your flying to or from default airports they wont have any parking codes so it won't make a difference.

One other neat thing you can do is assign the correct parking code to your aircraft so that when you land ATC will direct you to a gate used by your airline. This will only work if the airport you fly to has parking assignments assigned to the AFCAD and that there are gates available for your airline and the gates are the correct size for your aircraft.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I call up a recent existing flight on Flightaware.com and it gives you the route and the arrival and departure gates.

Mostly just for US flights though, with a few exceptions. 

I just pulled up flights from Hong Kong to Beijing and Hong Kong to San Francisco, so I think the international schedules on Flightaware are pretty comprehensive.

Jeff Callender

The schedules yes, but not the gates, usually. Unless you're using some fancy version of flightaware that I'm not aware of :P

www.flightstats.com provides the departure gate (and sometimes also the arrival gate) for a lot of airports, including airports outside the US. I just tried it with flights departing from Amsterdam, Beijing and Hong Kong.

Marc ter Heide

www.flightstats.com provides the departure gate (and sometimes also the arrival gate) for a lot of airports, including airports outside the US. I just tried it with flights departing from Amsterdam, Beijing and Hong Kong.

Thanks... will try that....

Go to the airport website. Go to arrivals and departures and check what gate theg airline uses