So here's my new build

i7 6700k

GTX 980 Ti

Gigabyte Z170x Gaming G1 motherboard

32 G DDR4 Corsair XMP

NVme Samsung SSD 950 500g

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500g

Corsair H115i AiO

Should I install all of my legacy FSX stuff (and I'm talking a ton of cash spent on add ons) or go to P3d?  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mike

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Hey Mike - they can co exist, side By side, How big is Your Hard Drive (Do You have enough Room) ?? - Johnman B)

You could buy a second SSD for P3d. However you could kill 2 birds with one stone sort of , without outlaying a ton of cash for duplicate add ons by Installing firstly FSX-SE its a far better choice over FSX and then add Steves DX10 fixer, will give you shadows, light bloom etc

ZORAN

I've got a second SSD (Samsung 850 500g) installed.  There was a point a year or two back that I was running P3d, Steam, and FSX side by side, and it just became too much to manage.  Felt like I was hardly spending any time "flying"!.  I've been considering installing a couple of WD drives in raid 0, but that seems to be a whole different conversation...

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

So here's my new build

i7 6700k

GTX 980 Ti

Gigabyte Z170x Gaming G1 motherboard

32 G DDR4 Corsair XMP

NVme Samsung SSD 950 500g

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500g

Corsair H115i AiO

Should I install all of my legacy FSX stuff (and I'm talking a ton of cash spent on add ons) or go to P3d? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mike

What are the full specs of the RAM? And you don't need 32, 16 GB is enough.

Overclocking?

For cooling your choice depends on the above, and if you are okay with the small chance of leaks and pump failure.