Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

John V, states that any P3D v4.x ports will carry an upcharge fee

Has LM ever actually said they are working on a 64-bit version? In a public statement? If so, when and where?

Doug

No - they have not. All they have ever said is that it is a consideration "down the road". Whether that will happen in Version 4,5 or 6 is anybody's guess. As to the possible release of a 64bit DTG - that has absolutely no relevance to LM. They are not in the same market. When and if LM goes 64bit, it will be because it benefits their commercial customer base, not the sim community.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

could JV decision to charge for the P3d v4 upgrades have anything to do with shifting his business to the DTG 64 bit sim, which he seems to support and no doubt is helping to develop,and he will  ensure his scenery works to DTG and Orbx,s best advantage,then he will simply resell everything with no upgrade cost at all as new,I think JV has been good to us simmers but he has his business to think about, also this could turn out to be very expensive for P3d users if Orbx charges for every update to P3d

peter

could JV decision to charge for the P3d v4 upgrades have anything to do with shifting his business to the DTG 64 bit sim

Nope it`s to cover the cost`s of paying his staff to update the scenery, they need to be paid also, and also the individual scenery developers that are not Orbx staff but produce products under the FTX/Orbx banner would charge JV for re making installers, compatible adjustments etc, and quite frankly having to fork out 100K is a hell of a gift to the community for free updates.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

JV has turned out to be one of the good guys, always updating old scenery when newer technology is available and not charging for different platforms and now a very generous 38% off for a full month

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

The June price increases however are in the region of 18%

Seems excessive for one increase. I understand support, currency, inflation concerns etc but 18% is a lot for one increase.

Seems excessive for one increase. I understand support, currency, inflation concerns etc but 18% is a lot for one increase.

Doesn't that depend on how many price increases there have been overall ?

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

I think Robert has stated that updates to PMDG products for P3D would be free for Version 1, 2, 3 but will be a completely new purchase for 64 bit V4.

Nope! I distinctly remember that at the time the 777 was released for P3D and it was a completely new purchase and the community was grumpy about it PMDG stated that that price included all updates including the Upgrade to 64bit when and if a 64bit P3D was released. The same was true for the NGX. I clearly remember this because it was instrumental in me purchasing the 777 at the time and the NGX for the second time. Have to be careful not to let them of the hook with that one. :-)

Sorry, I've been away taking care of some family matters.

Before speculation continues on Orbx upgrade costs, I don't believe JV has indicated exactly what the upgrade cost would be.  JV has been pretty fair about providing free scenery, and free upgrades, so I would expect to see the same level of fairness applied to the amount of work involved to moving to V4.x such that costs can be managed.

As for PMDG, pretty sure Robert R. indicated a 64bit version would be provided for free for those who have purchased the P3D version of PMDG aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Who's raising prices 18%?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Who's raising prices 18%?

Orbx.

Announced this morning.

New prices effective 15th June 2016 (exchange rates used from 1st may 2016)

FTX Global BASE        AU$99.95 US$75  €65  £51

FTX Global Vector       AU$79.95 US$60  €53  £41

FTX Global openLC     AU$54.95 US$41  €36  £28

FTX Regions                AU$54.95 US$41  €36  £28

FTX Airports                AU$39.95 US$30  €26  £20

FTX Budget Airports   AU$24.95 US$19  €16  £13

Aircraft                          AU$39.95 US$30  €26  £20

The full airport packages are normally 32.95 AUD. So an increase to 39.95 AUD is ~ 18%

It appears to be ~ 10% increase on regions.

• Upvote 1

Orbx.

Announced this morning.

New prices effective 15th June 2016 (exchange rates used from 1st may 2016)

FTX Global BASE        AU$99.95 US$75  €65  £51

FTX Global Vector       AU$79.95 US$60  €53  £41

FTX Global openLC     AU$54.95 US$41  €36  £28

FTX Regions                AU$54.95 US$41  €36  £28

FTX Airports                AU$39.95 US$30  €26  £20

FTX Budget Airports   AU$24.95 US$19  €16  £13

Aircraft                          AU$39.95 US$30  €26  £20

The full airport packages are normally 32.95 AUD. So an increase to 39.95 AUD is ~ 18%

Dang...just read this ...was I EVER right about my last weekend, GUT FEELING that rates to current v3.x products are going for a rise...and that's why I decided to bring my want list to '0'.....funny how one can get that 'sixth sense tingle'....but better yet..not procrastinate...but move on it...'tingle=savings!'

Wow....

Ses

Dang...just read this ...was I EVER right about my last weekend, GUT FEELING that rates to current v3.x products are going for a rise...and that's why I decided to bring my want list to '0'.....funny how one can get that 'sixth sense tingle'....but better yet..not procrastinate...but move on it...'tingle=savings!, for all my non-ORBX wants.

Why? ......'cause they are ALL going to be going up, in my tingle-sense, from all Dev's.

P3D v4.0x might for some reason(s) not be automatically adopted by the general current P3D v3.x user base.  Just another 'tingle'...will see if that plays out....

Wow....

Ses

I suspect the low value of the AUD is killing them profit wise which is why they are up charging their products. Sad though because the lower price has enabled to to buy more airports then I would have otherwise.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Orbx.

Announced this morning.

New prices effective 15th June 2016 (exchange rates used from 1st may 2016)

FTX Global BASE AU$99.95 US$75 €65 £51

FTX Global Vector AU$79.95 US$60 €53 £41

FTX Global openLC AU$54.95 US$41 €36 £28

FTX Regions AU$54.95 US$41 €36 £28

FTX Airports AU$39.95 US$30 €26 £20

FTX Budget Airports AU$24.95 US$19 €16 £13

Aircraft AU$39.95 US$30 €26 £20

Wow...that's pretty hefty.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I suspect the low value of the AUD is killing them profit wise which is why they are up charging their products. Sad though because the lower price has enabled to to buy more airports then I would have otherwise.

Agreed.