Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 38% Off May sale

I purchased Southern Alaska, Northern and Southern California.  Now to find time to download, install, and enjoy....

Best regards,

I purchased SC this afternoon Jim, took about 2 hors for some reason to download, so pick your time.

bob

I got PFJ.

I was just about to get SCA, but i went to the RTTM direction.

• Upvote 1

Cheers :)

N.-

I purchased SC this afternoon Jim, took about 2 hors for some reason to download, so pick your time.

bob

My download of So Calif is about complete.  It is the largest at over 6GB's.  It originally said it would take 24 hours but it actually took a little more than 2 hours.  I have a super fast fios cable connection.  I had to take a nap anyway...

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Only one thing that I want and it's not available yet;  OpenLC NA US

Yep..that's pretty well my needs...

My download of So Calif is about complete.  It is the largest at over 6GB's.  It originally said it would take 24 hours but it actually took a little more than 2 hours.  I have a super fast fios cable connection.  I had to take a nap anyway...

Best regards,

Man Jim...you are only getting this now?!?!?!?

Boy, but were you were behind the 8-ball, LOL!   Enjoy...

Best regards,

SoCal is great but it is a stress test for the system particularly if the aircraft you are using is also resource intensive.

Man Jim...you are only getting this now?!?!?!?
Boy, but were you were behind the 8-ball, LOL! Enjoy...

Not the first time I've been behind the 8-ball.  Actually, I was patient and waited for the 38% sale. :smile:  Look how much I saved!   :dance: I hope I have time to enjoy it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Not the first time I've been behind the 8-ball.  Actually, I was patient and waited for the 38% sale. :smile:  Look how much I saved!   :dance: I hope I have time to enjoy it.

YOU GO GUY! :)))))))  ....and oh...start making your CPU do push-ups...on this region..it will mostly likely need them!!!!!

I have got ESSA - quite ok, but expected active docking system and some 'life' there - maybe after some future update ...

Artur 

I have got ESSA - quite ok, but expected active docking system and some 'life' there - maybe after some future update ...

I've been eying ESSA.  Looks well done.  No people flow?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg, i was thinking rather about airport vehicles, like FlyTampa

Artur 

Hi Gregg, i was thinking rather about airport vehicles, like FlyTampa

Aha.  Yeah, never been their thing as far as I know...not that they couldn't.  They do vehicle animations at some of their airports.  Whip up a couple of buses, fuel trucks and they'd be quickly on it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well, since deciding to stay with 32 bit P3D v3.x and up...(as long as it's 32 bit, lol)

...and being that I had purchased Australia SP4 in the last sale...

...and since my `sixth sense` ran true a day or two before Orbx announced that their whole present and future catalog is going nowhere but ascending in price...this was the HAMMER SLAMMER....go and get...NOW....sale.

...and that I did not have one single ORBX custom airport (except their freeware offerings..) for Australia...well..well...and..er...well...

I decided to grab what I wanted, mostly coastal and sub-tropic, as I love water-based, or near water based scenery and airport properties.  In real life, this is where my plane (probably an Amphib Stationair 6) would hang out.

So...with all of that preamble, I purchased the following to populate what I wanted for the great continent of Australia, stomping grounds of John V. and the Orbx Coffee Shop...

Orbx - FTX: AU YBBN Brisbane International
 Orbx - FTX: AU YBCS Cairns International Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YBRM Broome International Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YCDR Caloundra Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YHBA Hervey Bay Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YSCH Coffs Harbour Airport
 Orbx - FTX: AU YWVA Warnervale Airport

...and that was that last of the 32 bit Nag List. I have all the airports I want, for all of Australia, and North America (which includes Canada) grabbed all on this and prior Orbx month sales, so that is certainly a wait-it-out bonus.

The only thing left to fill out my version of the P3D v3.2.3 Orbx and other 3rP Dev world..is waiting for OpenLC North  America...and THEN..we will be good..fire up the sim..and just fly...

Bottom line........if I still am happily married by this evening....that would be great as well....so everybody...Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......let`s be as quiet as a church-mouse.....Shhhhhhh!

Ses

This surprise May sale, in my books really isn`t such a timing-surprise.  John V. has always been fairly minded..and there is always that long past Christmas Sale vs. the Preferred Customer Base reserve-your-price, debacle of a few years ago...that still has some turning down the corners of their mouths.......and so...John`s fair play, in May...in full sight...

...with the announcement of total across-the-board 18 percent price increases for their present and current, as well as future catalog additions...this is (in my opinion,of course)...John V`s way of the `price increase`  Great Escape.  I will open up our entire catalog at a at a price savings of 38 percent savings now., and then adding on if you don`t take advantage, another -18 percent (56 percent) higher than this sale price for the month of May...of what the asking price will be, if you do not avail yourselves of this sale in any way, ..............................for the properties you have been eyeing....

That`s the way I see it. and that`s the way I have over the past two weeks, ran like heck...under the barb wire...grabbed a side car motorcycle...and like Steve McQueen...kicked it over...and ran the Price Increase Great Escape...lol.  I hope you all take John`s hint...and his way out to avoid the increase at the end of the trail....

Motorcycle kick-over..............varooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom---------------------------------------major savings, while the gettin`is good!

Cheers,

The Alaska area scenery is brilliant Gregg. And in addition to their payware products like PAJN (itself a multi-facet scenery covering the same area as the old Glacier Bay scenery) Orbyx have several freeware Alaska airports that are payware quality. And then you have several excellent products from Aerosoft that work perfectly with the Alaska area scenery... I highly recommend this. The only other Orbyx area scenery that I rate as highly is the New Zealand product.

Do I pay full price for Telluride now or wait 6 months? The great conundrum.

If I get SoCal and Norway that's $50, and I can justify a PAJN. Hmmmmm...damn you Orbx for making me choose now!

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png