Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 38% Off May sale

I think you do need the Base.

You don't, read what I wrote in post 114. The product page says indeed that it is required but it is not technically. The blending of the airfields with their surroundings is only better with Global . This is what the Tapini manual (page 5) says. Now I recommend having Global as explained earlier, but if you are a little short on money and cannot afford it ,you can enjoy Tim Harris and Ken Hall's wonderful PNG sceneries all the same.  

Anyway, any doubt, go to the OrbX forum and ask :wink: .

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Only a few hours remaining, the sale will close at 23:59 AEST so get your orders in soon!

I picked up a few more regions I'd been eyeing for just the right moment. With summertime in the Northern Hemisphere, we'll have a lot of beautiful daylight hours in which to enjoy Norway and the new Northern NA OpenLC. Now I just need to find some flight plans to savor these awesome Orbx regions!

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I got SCA yesterday and partially regret my purchase.

Very hard on my system

Make sure to go into FTX Central, click Configure next to Southern California then turn off at least the harbor objects, if not the wind farms and other stuff. The harbor objects are particularly bad because they appear in areas that are already the toughest on your system.

Make sure to go into FTX Central, click Configure next to Southern California then turn off at least the harbor objects, if not the wind farms and other stuff. The harbor objects are particularly bad because they appear in areas that are already the toughest on your system.

Already done that. 

I wiped Socal from my system. Maybe next time. I will be enjoying NCA and PNW for the time being

Cheers :)

N.-

Just about to install Pago Pago Int'l. I want to try and replicate some your routes as highlighted in your PIREP.

https://youtu.be/deLAvF-WBEw  :wink:

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Dominique

Impressive vid and plane too. I have 3-4 of the A2A stable. Hoping to try some here.

Late last night acquired that Global Base and installed it. Also bought EGHI. And yes, it did make a difference to the mesh and textures around, specially looking down the airstrip towards the mountains on the right, where the vegetation looks greener now after GB. But I am so puzzled why when I attempt a take-off in an aircraft like the Duke Beech, it climbs off and then almost instantly loses power. The same occurred with the Carenado CS377. Only the Milviz C-310R gets me up and away.

In PNG I fly mostly the A2A C182 and the Sibwings An-2. without any issue of that kind. Check the density altitude where you are. You can easily be 2 000 feet higher than you think. Adapt the mixture if need be. 

Dominique

Socal is hard on my system too... not super to make it crawl but yes to make it a tad slow.. Strangely though, it seems no change to settings, sliders etc. produces any difference... Not really sure why...

Hi! Ahmet,

I have same issue. Could you show me how you fixed this?

Thanks,

JL

Jose,Hi

I really cannot give you clear answer. I spent many hours to find a solution. I made many uninstall/reinstall and deleted many SCA files and at the end I unchecked all NA SCA folders in P3D Library . Stopped Norton Security then redowloded Orbix Global Base.

I think at that time, Orbix Global Base fulfilled missing mesh files.

I forgot, I also included to P3D cfg.file in MAIN section:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

I hope some one with better knowledge can help you.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Socal is nice...even without custom airports. LA is hard on frames and VAS both but I really enjoy the rest of it. Santa Barbara, Santa Maria both are more than sufficient to enjoy even without the full treatment. Even Paso Robles is passable. I'll be curious what you think about Agua Dulce. Up north, I would have hoped we would have Arcata or Napa by now...sigh.

I did go ahead with my 3 purchases (almost forgot, and didn't get them ordered until last night) but as always who knows when I'll get them DL'ed and installed.

As far as performance is concerned, Orbx SoCal replaces some Blue Sky, but also MegasceneryX SoCal (photo with autogen) plus Aeorosoft's Cities LAX which is a known performance hog.  I can't imagine that SoCal would be much worse in terms of performance or VAS in the LA area itself.  We shall see...

Scott