Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 38% Off May sale

Great. For those NA airports that mentions an OrbX full region as a requirement (i.e. PAJN requires NA Southern Alaska) would

it install and work without the region? Has anyone done it? I have FTX Global and matching texture should not be that far off, if that's only the case.

No milk for the quintuplets next month. They have inherited the fight sim gene so they should understand

• Upvote 3

ZORAN

Great. For those NA airports that mentions an OrbX full region as a requirement (i.e. PAJN requires NA Southern Alaska) would

it install and work without the region? Has anyone done it? I have FTX Global and matching texture should not be that far off, if that's only the case.

It is not a question of texture coloring only. An OrbX region encompasses a mesh, redrawn coastlines and networks and landclass calls to a set of textures. The airports within these regions are designed to fit into this complex environment. So chances are if you install them without the region that you will have problems (elevation, trees  etc) and no support... 

BTW Juneau is great with OrbX South Alaska  :wink: ! 

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Only one thing that I want and it's not available yet;  OpenLC NA US

• Upvote 3

Ernest Pergrem

Only one thing that I want and it's not available yet; OpenLC NA US

The brand new stuff isn't on sale...but the stuff a few months old is. 

So, all gushing aside, how is Norway?  Is it that much better than Europe LC?  Love to hear from some folks there.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The brand new stuff isn't on sale...but the stuff a few months old is. 

So, all gushing aside, how is Norway?  Is it that much better than Europe LC?  Love to hear from some folks there.

Gregg, I did not try Norway in Europe LC, but the full region has many more details on airports, bridges, photoreal areas. Just read the highligts listed here https://fullterrain.com/product/nor , and eventually download and read the product manual from that page.

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

I purchased Southern Alaska, Northern and Southern California.  Now to find time to download, install, and enjoy....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I purchased Southern Alaska, Northern and Southern California. Now to find time to download, install, and enjoy....

I really like the California ones.  I never got excited enough to get Alaska...huge area devoid of airports and one similar mountain after another.  I could be wrong.  Let me know how it is.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I really like the California ones.  I never got excited enough to get Alaska...huge area devoid of airports and one similar mountain after another.  I could be wrong.  Let me know how it is.

You should download and open in Google Earth, the .kmz file for the region which is available on the product page : it shows the geographic cover, the airports which are many, the PoI etc. 

https://fullterrain.com/product/sak

Very useful to make up one's mind.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Gregg,

I agree with Dominique above and I did download the .kmz file and there appears to be a lot to see.  Valdez is in the middle.  The site description says there are 270 upgraded airports in the scenery.  The video on the site description got my interest the most.  For $24 bucks, I thought it wouldn't destroy my bank account should I end up not liking it. 

The thing about all of these regions, whether So. California, No. California, or the Pacific Northwest is that there is so much to see and explore.  The sceneries are very realistic and give me a sense of the real thing and more immersion.  I do like my GEP3D though w/UTX though but like Orbx-FTX when I'm in those regions.  I seriously doubt I will find much time to do a whole lot of flying around in these areas but I have them just in case.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10