Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

P3D user gone X-Plane

Pretty happy with the result! Bought IXEG 737 spontaneously and was not disappointed, as well as Aerosoft EGLL and EHAM. Still misses many good quality airports but I can live with that :smile:   

X0GoFbS.png

QurnfLL.png

• Upvote 2

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

What are you using for ATC and AI traffic?

The traffic thing is still a work in progress. There are two programs for AI traffic (World Traffic, X-Life). Neither is in the same league as My Traffic or UT2. As far as ATC is concerned, there are two different payware plugins that allow you to use either RC4 or PFE\PF3 with X-Plane. Both of those work very well. While there are some payware airports for X-Plane and more coming all the time, there are some excellent freeware airports also. Look for offerings from ISDG and Mr. X6.

NAX669.png

Also whatever airports you are missing get them from the .org. Really no need to buy high quality airports.

Also whatever airports you are missing get them from the .org. Really no need to buy high quality airports.

I second that there are lots of good free airports at org.   Many of them are better than payware ones for FSX

Jason Richards

Beautiful shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I actually uninstalled P3D yesterday along with the PMDG 737. I rarely used them anyway, and now with the IXEG, I am pretty certain they will never get used. Great shots and as others have said, there are some superb freeware airports available at .org. Look for Misterx6 and TDG in particular

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Indeed, X-Plane 10 offers scenery, and feel of flight that rivals the best available for FSX / P3D as expensive payware, being for free!

Just recently I started using Real Terra Haze, and wow! What a difference it makes!

Detailled high quality aircraft are also becoming available. Some are even freeware!

I still use FSX:SE to be able to profit from Active Sky, my A2As and PMDGs and  RealAirs.... and a couple of Aerosofts too ... and Orbx FTX Global...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for the replies!

Ground textures are just zone-photos (photo scenery) from SimHeaven.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Wow that is stunning

yes that´s true. look at -> http://www.avsim.com/topic/361872-converting-photoscenery-from-fsx-to-x-plane-10/?p=3411999

(there is also an explanation whicht tools are used )

It takes a time to become a "friend" with XP(9,10) but afterwards it is very difficult to go "back" to P3D or FSX !

And, yes, I´m missing also some features but the XP10 is growing and growing and in the meantime there are so many new tools here and coming out...

look at  http://www.eadt.eu/index.php?new-x737-version-5 (it´s for "free") !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Enjoy XPX.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020