Sign in to follow this  
skyflyerjos

SEQU not in database?

Lee, I did it, saved full text into SEQU.txt but it doesn't work. FMC STAR field is completely blank.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Again, that is not a sidstar file format.

Dan Downs KCRP

Skyflyer,

I looked at the PMDG Navigraph AIRAC cycle 1610 sidstar folder data and made a surprising discovery.  The folder "sidstars" already had SEQU.txt in place.  When I opened the file it said the data was from cycle 1302.  All the other SID STAR entries...of the ones I checked...said cycle 1610.  Apparently, since I have been a Navigraph data user since way before the 1302 cycle, everytime it wrote SID and STAR entries for the current cycle it did not overwrite old data that was no longer in the current cycle.  So when Navigraph stopped providing data for SEQU and started providing data for SEQM the installer put new SEQM data in place as well as left the 1302 SEQU data in place also.

That means all I have to do is add SEQU to the airports.dat file and to the wpNavAPT.txt file.  Those two apparently get replaced, not overwritten because SEQU is missing from them.

Not sure if sending you a three year old set of AIRAC sidstar data violates my EULA (or whatever...copyright, maybe) with navigraph so I'd rather not post the sidstars data here, but if you get Navigraph's permission I'll be more than happy to send you my SEQU 1302 data for the PMDG.

Randy

I am using the Navigraph 1302 file with my more current ones. I just keep it there. Odd that you couldn't read it, I read it fine...Navigraph right, not Aerosoft NavDataPro?

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Resurrecting the thread. I'm getting the "SEQU err: 17 rwy N/A" message in the 737NG FMC when selecting SEQU in the position page. No SID/STARs available either. I modified the NAVDATA and SIDSTARS files as instructed here and in the manual. Is this normal for a defunct airport?  

23 minutes ago, MartinAOA said:

Is this normal for a defunct airport?

It's likely something went wrong with your modifications. Have you considered adding one of the freeware SEQMs (the new Quito) that are available in the Avsim library instead? You might encounter fewer issues that way.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

20 hours ago, wsmeier said:

It's likely something went wrong with your modifications. Have you considered adding one of the freeware SEQMs (the new Quito) that are available in the Avsim library instead? You might encounter fewer issues that way.

Thanks for the response, Walter! Installed the freeware SEQM scenery by Carlyle Sharpe, but that did not solve the problem with the old Quito SEQU Airport. Then I tried the "SEQU for PMDG database" by Corina Meyer which helped to add some navaids but failed to add the runway and SID/STARSs for SEQU. Funny because I edited/added the files which contain the rwy coordinates and SID/STARs to the respective folders (wpNavAPT and SIDSTAR folder) + run the MakeRwys app , to no avail. 

The same message SEQU err:17 Rwy N/A appears in the RTE page and no RWY or SID/STARS are available for the old airport. Of course, I'm still able to fly the VOR/DME approach and then tune ILS frq. for rwy 35 and land, but I'm curious whether this issue can be fixed. 

Edited by MartinAOA

1 hour ago, MartinAOA said:

The same message SEQU err:17 Rwy N/A appears in the RTE page and no RWY or SID/STARS are available for the old airport. Of course, I'm still able to fly the VOR/DME approach and then tune ILS frq. for rwy 35 and land, but I'm curious whether this issue can be fixed. 

Hi Martin:

I've seen others recommend deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file in the PMDG/Navdata folder for issues related to procedures not showing up in the FMC. That file gets rebuilt the next time you start your sim. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Edited by wsmeier
Added quotation
  • Like 1

Walter Meier

37 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Hi Martin:

I've seen others recommend deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file in the PMDG/Navdata folder for issues related to procedures not showing up in the FMC. That file gets rebuilt the next time you start your sim. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Thanks, Walter! Unfortunately deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat may work only for 777/747 which use the database. There's no such file in the 737NGX Navdata folder. Next, I'll backup and delete Navdata and/or SIDSTARS folders and see if that gets rebuilt and will fix the issue.

Reinstalling the PMDG 737 with the 2011 AIRAC cycle solved the problem. Will see what happens after an update...

• Like 1