Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FSDreamTeam Chicago KORD question

Just wondered if this airport is supposed to look like this here (just south of threshold to Rwy32L), or do I have some textures (or an update) missing? There are taxiways through here, so it's a bit odd taxiing through such a 'blur', with no proper taxiways marked. On the other hand, it looks as if it was meant to be like that, it's not obviously a texture error. Building work?? Maybe I need an AFCAD update to avoid taxiing through that part of the airport. (I have AF2_KORD.bgl dated 23/11/11).

Appreciate it if anyone with this airport could check it out for me.

Thanks.

Martin

KORD.jpg

I believe that was meant to represent a part of the airfield that was under construction at the time the scenery was made, but I could be wrong.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Joe gave you the right answer. When FSDreamteam was creating the scenery this is what the satellite view of the airport looked like. Construction of the taxiways and new runway 28C was in progress. At this time the south side of the airport,  as part of the Ohare Modernization Project, is now completed. The south side of the airport now has runways 28L, 28R and 28C.  FsDreamteam has stated they will revisit the airport in the future to bring the scenery up to date. Their website contains information about this update plan.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

FSDT no longer support FS9, so any update will only be for FSX/P3D.

Graeme Butler

FSDT no longer support FS9, so any update will only be for FSX/P3D.

Funny how these companies 'no longer support' products that they continue to sell even so. It wasn't that long ago that I bought the scenery... Oh well, no big deal. I can always close off the area for taxiing with some changes to the AFCAD.

Thanks.