Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Default recorder vs. FsRecorder?

So, having the old version of FSRecorder that is compatible with P3D v3.2 (or v3 in general) is not the best solution. First, that annoying message when you start P3D and it will not load until you click OK (in 90% of times I start P3D and leave to bring some water or food and forget to wait for that message), then the playback is not consistent - in most cases PFD is not synchronised with the airplane's behaviour. Other thing is heavy stutters when you play the recording with control window visible, but that can be solved using shortcuts.

I didn't tested enough default P3D recorder, was annoyed by the lack of controls I had. But mostly I'm interested in recording fidelity, or translated - are all animations, switches, airplane systems, traffic, etc, recorded properly? Also are airplane main flight controls smoothly recorded?

Any had experience with it, tested it in detail? What do you recommend? Default recorder or obsolete FSRecorder?

cheers!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I had it in P3D 2.5 and my opinion is don't bother. It's doesn't work properly most of the time and you still get the sound issues and etc. The animations are not saved just like with the default recorder. I think there's a way to counteract that but it involves multiple recordings or something along those lines. Also there is a weird bug where the plane accelerates to landing speed if you exit the replay.

I'm not sure it even works with 3.2 tbh.

I had it in P3D 2.5 and my opinion is don't bother. It's doesn't work properly most of the time and you still get the sound issues and etc. The animations are not saved just like with the default recorder. I think there's a way to counteract that but it involves multiple recordings or something along those lines. Also there is a weird bug where the plane accelerates to landing speed if you exit the replay.

I'm not sure it even works with 3.2 tbh.

It works in v3.2 but with many bugs also.

So in other words, stick with default recorder?

Thanks for answering. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It works in v3.2 but with many bugs also.

So in other words, stick with default recorder?

Thanks for answering. :)

I guess that's the only option until someone makes one for P3D. Unless you want to make videos then Nvidia Shadowplay is the way to go.

I guess that's the only option until someone makes one for P3D. Unless you want to make videos then Nvidia Shadowplay is the way to go.

Yes, I'm talking about videos mostly. Last video I've made is with fsrecorder, it was pretty frustrating.

Btw shadowplay clips stutter alot on my system. Currently using fraps.