Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

x737 v5 is out!

Tony,

Thanks. Downloading now. I just checked the site a short time ago and it was bare. Thanks again for the heads up and good news.

Jim Morgan

Thanks for the heads up, building a Goflight profile for it right now :)

Just completed a quick 40min flight.  Its very nice indeed for a free aircraft. As someone will probably ask how it stacks up against the IXEG 737! It doesn't! Just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Just completed a quick 40min flight.  Its very nice indeed for a free aircraft. As someone will probably ask how it stacks up against the IXEG 737! It doesn't! Just my opinion.

That pretty much sums it up. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

That pretty much sums it up. 

The IXEG is simply Amazing!

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Some experienced user should mention all points they differ, after some flights. Simply saying one is better than the other is not an argument.

• Upvote 1

As someone will probably ask how it stacks up against the IXEG 737! It doesn't! 

Well, that's not a surprise. No X-Plane airliner does at the moment (well, imo the FF 767 is quite close). It makes no sense to compare a 75$ product with a max. 20$ product (or free, if you don't use the (imo mandatory) X737FMC, http://ufmc.eadt.eu/Purchase). The x737 v5 is still a good product and well worth the download and FMC purchase.

Edit: I want to add that it's important to read the quick start guide, because it explains how X-Plane needs to be configured to use the aircraft correctly. Esp. several key commands need to be assigned.

• Upvote 3

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

There really is no comparison, but as Mario says, you can't fairly compare a freeware product with a $75 study-level sim.

I've spent some time with it (after finally managing to download it), and it's a great freeware 737 worthy of a donation but if you already own the IXEG 737, this will seem very lacking and basic (even with the payware FMC). Sorry if that upsets anyone, but that's just how I felt after being spoiled. I guess it's unfortunate it came out a few days after IXEG for it to suffer with these unfair comparisons

Anyway, I took it for a spin from Wellington to Auckland from cold and dark. The flows I learned from the IXEG worked here and it was all familiar and I was able to start it up , program the FMC (I have the payware addon) and fly the route on the first go. Hand flying up to about 3000ft and letting the autopilot do the rest. The performance is good even on my laptop. I can't comment on the numbers and flight dynamics, because I don't fly them in real-life, but it was a pleasure to hand-fly. For anyone who is wanting a decent airliner, this is fantastic. oh and did I mention that it's free ;-) (Click donate and buy those guys a beer)

Still seems interesting, i hope there will be some videos showing up soon or later

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Really great freeware aircraft. Can't comment on ixeg don't have it yet just bought the 767 in the sale (amazing stuff), but don't understand why the x737 have poor frames in the external view, inside no problem. BTW I also guess is mandatory to buy the FMC.

Alexander Colka

How do I use the 'standard' FMS?

I realize the best alternative is to purchase the x737 FMC, but for the moment, I want to use the basic FMS supplied with the x737.

If I input the destination airport first (which appears to be the correct method), then I add FIX's for leg 2, leg 3, etc., it seems I must fly to the destination airport first, then turn around and fly to the second leg, then the third leg, etc. Obviously, this is not correct...

It doesn't seem to properly connect the destination airport to the last leg (FIX) entered...

Not sure how to properly enter a flight plan and, while I may have missed it, I cannot find any instructions to enter a flight plan into the standard FMS...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

If I input the destination airport first (which appears to be the correct method), then I add FIX's for leg 2, leg 3, etc., it seems I must fly to the destination airport first, then turn around and fly to the second leg, then the third leg, etc. Obviously, this is not correct...

In X-Plane's standard FMS, you enter the route waypoint by waypoint, beginning with the first one after your departure. Your destination airport has to be the last entry.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

That makes sense and is the way I tried...it does not look like there is button for airports...only FIX's.

By chance do you know how I would enter the airport without an airport button?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5