Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Realism Shader Pack + REX4 what a match

It appears to me that Shader Pack and REX4 really shine together - well done  :smile:

After reading a post to change my P3D.cfg file to edit cloud textures to 256 resolution this has helped a lot with performance - sorry forgot who posted it but thanks

14nzd5k.jpg

ic68gm.jpg

• Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

Very Nice

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

That first shot is incredible. Looking forward to giving this a try this weekend. Curious about the .cfg edit to knock cloud resolution down to 512. Do you happen to know which line in the cfg file needs to be edited? Maybe it's self explanatory but I'm not on my pc to look for it at the moment. Thanks!

Orman

That first shot is incredible. Looking forward to giving this a try this weekend. Curious about the .cfg edit to knock cloud resolution down to 512. Do you happen to know which line in the cfg file needs to be edited? Maybe it's self explanatory but I'm not on my pc to look for it at the moment. Thanks!

Thanks Guys - I have edited my post its 256 not 512 - glad you asked - interesting - the original size is 512

CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=256

Just noticed this - GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048

I think I will try 1024 see how that works out - doesnt hurt to try

Rich Sennett

Thanks Guys - I have edited my post its 256 not 512 - glad you asked - interesting - the original size is 512

CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=256

Just noticed this - GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048

I think I will try 1024 see how that works out - doesnt hurt to try

I have  GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096. All values below, including 2048 makes VC shadows low res and ugly.

Changing cloud shadow texture size to a lower value, ex 256 can give you some extra fps (maybe 10-15%), and maybe a bit less stronger cloud shadows intensity, but not sure. 

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I have  GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096. All values below, including 2048 makes VC shadows low res and ugly.

Changing cloud shadow texture size to a lower value, ex 256 can give you some extra fps (maybe 10-15%), and maybe a bit less stronger cloud shadows intensity, but not sure. 

Thanks Buddy - will play  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Hi, I know this is not the REX4 TD+SC support forum, but has anyone tried to restore the Default Cloud Shader using the Cloud Sizing Algorithm included with REX4 TD+SC to deal with the popcorn cloud issue before using the similar fix included in RSPv1.1?.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yikes... amazing pics Rich! 

Thanks Buddy  :wink: hope all is well

Hi, I know this is not the REX4 TD+SC support forum, but has anyone tried to restore the Default Cloud Shader using the Cloud Sizing Algorithm included with REX4 TD+SC to deal with the popcorn cloud issue before using the similar fix included in RSPv1.1?.

Cheers,

Ed

Sorry Ed have not tried really - you should just try it - should be easy enough for you to try it - cant harm anything especially if you backed up your original files and RSP has a restore feature which you all ready know

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich, so, as I understand, you did not changed your REX settings before applying RSP, right?.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed, I don't think that is necessary.

@Rich: I'm better now and almost back to normal. What an ordeal it's been! Let's catch up with one another soon. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks Rich, so, as I understand, you did not changed your REX settings before applying RSP, right?.

Cheers,

Ed

Thats correct Ed - I have it at .52 and box un-ticked - didn't even think of it before loading up RSP - you should be fine - what setting do you have it at ? - if you change it I would re-set your RSP settings again - good question Ed - didn't understand at first why you were asking but do now

Thanks Tim for confirmation 

Rich Sennett

Rich, no problem and thanks, I've installed the Cloud Size fix within REX4 TD+SC (version 4.8.2016.0325) with a Very Large size for the clouds, at 0.75. I have not experienced any small (popcorn-type shape) clouds anymore. I have not used RSP yet, mainly because I'm on Windows 10 and it seems that it was trouble or some sort of non-compatibility with at least one user already (and really do not like to mess around very much to avoid trouble with my P3D setup).

Cheers,

Ed

Hi Ed, I don't think that is necessary.

@Rich: I'm better now and almost back to normal. What an ordeal it's been! Let's catch up with one another soon. 

Thanks to REX for the assistance!.

Ed

Cheers, Ed