Sign in to follow this  
toddc

Ability to See Learning Center and Mission Briefs Gone

I have been searching to try to find an answer to this issue but it seems that the problem that I am experiencing may be one that is rare.  

First off, I have no crashes to desktop, my system is running fine and FSX is running fine.  My issue is when I go to the Learning Center via the FSX opening screen menu, the Learning Center screen is blank.  I can move my mouse cursor around the blank portion of the screen and see the cursor change from an arrow to a hand, but, everything is still blank.  I can select the multiplayer, free flight, and mission screen via their links and those screen load right up.  

Now, as far as the mission screen is concerned, when I try to select a brief for any mission, the briefing screen will not open, even though I can still select to fly the mission or cancel.  Finally, when I am flying a mission and go to the knee board, the brief screen is also blank as well as other screens within the knee board.   Like I said at the beginning, FSX does not crash at all and I can fly missions or operate FSX normally for hours with no problems.   

As a workaround, I can load the mission screens in my external IE 11 Browser with no problems or warning indicated.  I can also load the Learning Center going through the Uires Folder.  My FSweb and Lessons folders are also all intact and I can open the .htm files externally without any issues.  I think the problem may be browser-related but I just can't seem to nail it down.  Any thoughts?

I am also using WIndows 7.

Regards

step 101, Delete Your fsx.cfg file, then reboot Your sim ??? - Johnman  B) 

Tried it with no luck.  In fact, when FSX starts up, I can hear the music from the home screen playing but the home screen is blank.

Sounds like you might be missing some of the files from the Uires folder.  It may mean a REPAIR is needed. 

You said now there is no Splash screen showing when the music starts.  Is dlgsplash.bmp in the

Uires folder?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for responding.  Yes, the dlgsplash.bmp is present and it loads up when you first start FSX.  The Free Flight, Missions, Multiplayer, Pilot Records, and Settings pages all load fine.  It is just the mission brief, along with the Learning Center page and Home page that loads up blank, even though leads to believe it has to be something related to FSX's internal browser or it could be graphically related....I am not sure..  Like I had stated above, even though the screen is blank, I can still move my mouse around the Home and Learning Center screens and see the mouse cursor change from an arrow to a hand pointer.   Just seems so odd to me.

OK, missing text/pictures for those boxes, even though you still have click-spots.  Have you tried clicking to see

if something from the Learning Center pops up?  2 important folders that have lots of Learning Center

stuff in them  FSWeb and Lessons.  Check both of those.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

From the home page, I did click around and then the FSXInsider page opened in an external window.

Also,  I can manually go into those folders and open any of the web pages manually with no problems.  For example, the Learning Center location is C:\Flight Simulator X\Uires\lc01.htm  I can open the link manually and see everything, all tabs, all boxes.  Just can't see 'em in FSX.  I can go into the Lessons Directory and load up a lesson htm file externally with no problem.

What is your default Web browser?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif