Sign in to follow this  
hhbrbg

Hello & Thank You

Hello flightsimmers at avsim,

Although I hang around here for a while, this is my first post and I use the opportunity to thank all those, who keep this great community running and the many individuals who work in their spare time to improve aircrafts, create or improve sceneries, write tutorials, review airplanes ..., etc. etc. etc.
I really appreciate that a good atmoshpere prevails here (ok, most of the time :wink:
) and I enjoy the wealth of information avsim provides me with.

I live in Bavaria, the southern part of Germany (between EDDM and LOWI). For those who do not know, Bavaria is a beautiful federal state in the southern part of Germany. Once in a while a part of the inhabitants hold meetings called Bierfeste. There we are used to drink beer out of strange, big glasses named “Masskrüge”. If you have ever been at the Octoberfest in Munich, you know what I mean. Of course, beer drinking is not the only thing we do here :smile: . Bavaria is one of the most successful federal states in the world and the home of many high tech companies.

I think, I'm not the only one here at avsim, who started his sim career with a Commodore C64 and Bruce Artwicks
subLOGIC Flight Simulator”. The C64 then drew me into the magic realm of computer simulation. With pauses between, like a boomerang, flightsimulation came always back to me.

..you can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave..."
the eagles

Kind regards to all

Tom

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Hello and Welcome!

the zone of the World you live in is beautifully rendered in X-Plane 10, using only free add-ons such as terrain mesh - although even the default terrain looks great - and World2XP.

Then, as aglider pilot, I would really love to be able to soar there - and again, X-Plane, although not as good as it does scenery ( specially mountains and night scenery ) does a plausible job at replicating soaring flight.

I've also used a Bavarian scenery area for Condorsoaring - a dedicated soaring sim - and for FSX!

Avsim is a great place to find simmers, and aviation passionates.

All of the Best,

José

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello Tom and welcome to Avsim, very good post.

Yes this is very true  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Hello and Welcome!

the zone of the World you live in is beautifully rendered in X-Plane 10, using only free add-ons such as terrain mesh - although even the default terrain looks great - and World2XP.

Then, as aglider pilot, I would really love to be able to soar there - and again, X-Plane, although not as good as it does scenery ( specially mountains and night scenery ) does a plausible job at replicating soaring flight.

I've also used a Bavarian scenery area for Condorsoaring - a dedicated soaring sim - and for FSX!

Avsim is a great place to find simmers, and aviation passionates.

All of the Best,

José

Hello Tom and welcome to Avsim, very good post.

Yes this is very true  :smile:

Willkommen auf Avsim Tom!

Great musical quote there! Unlike The Big Lebowski, I DO like The Eagles, man! haha

Grüssgott!

Hi José, Poppet and Jaime

Thank you for your warm welcome and your kind words.

Kind regards

Tom

Hello flightsimmers at avsim,

Although I hang around here for a while, this is my first post and I use the opportunity to thank all those, who keep this great community running and the many individuals who work in their spare time to improve aircrafts, create or improve sceneries, write tutorials, review airplanes ..., etc. etc. etc.

I really appreciate that a good atmoshpere prevails here (ok, most of the time :wink: ) and I enjoy the wealth of information avsim provides me with.

I live in Bavaria, the southern part of Germany (between EDDM and LOWI). For those who do not know, Bavaria is a beautiful federal state in the southern part of Germany. Once in a while a part of the inhabitants hold meetings called Bierfeste. There we are used to drink beer out of strange, big glasses named “Masskrüge”. If you have ever been at the Octoberfest in Munich, you know what I mean. Of course, beer drinking is not the only thing we do here :smile: . Bavaria is one of the most successful federal states in the world and the home of many high tech companies.

I think, I'm not the only one here at avsim, who started his sim career with a Commodore C64 and Bruce Artwicks “subLOGIC Flight Simulator”. The C64 then drew me into the magic realm of computer simulation. With pauses between, like a boomerang, flightsimulation came always back to me.

the eagles

Kind regards to all

Tom

Hello!  Are you a native of Bavaria?  And yes there are many things that have come out of that area.. The USA rocket and space program would not have gotten off the ground (literally) if it would not have been helped along by the Germans they got to immigrate here. 

Hello!  Are you a native of Bavaria?  And yes there are many things that have come out of that area.. The USA rocket and space program would not have gotten off the ground (literally) if it would not have been helped along by the Germans they got to immigrate here. 

Hi Saucey12,

yes I'm born in Bavaria (do bin i dahoam).We live in interesting times. I will never forget when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. In our classroom (elementary school at that time) we had a black and white tv and were allowed to watch the events. The years 2015 / 2016 we witness the dawn of the privately financed space flight. The Americans can be proud to have entrepreneurs like the incredible Elon Musk.

Tom