Sign in to follow this  
Medic1030

All Weather Textures Suddenly Missing

FTR, those are not the shaders folders that you should be deleting, those are the originals that are there for backup.

When people mention that deleting the shaders folders might fix something they are talking about the shaders folders in...

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the help.  I'm aware of those shader cache folders that you mentioned, which rebuild themselves when deleted (and I did that).  However, in this case Damian Clark from HiFi (ASN) recommended that I should restore any modified files in my ShadersHLSL folder to default because he suspected this issue was maybe caused by a corrupt shader issue.  I happened to have a copy of the default version of this folder from a separate vanilla FSX install on my laptop, which I copied over, restoring all of those files to default.

Alas, it made no difference anyway, as this ended up being caused by something corrupt in the weather folder and not the shaders.  I'm still curious as to what caused the problem to begin with, but happy enough that it's resolved.

Corey

Windows 11 | i7-13700K processor | Nvidia RTX 4070 video card | Pro Z790P WiFi motherboard | 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR5, 5200 MHz RAM | MSI Liquid 240 cooler | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, NVMe PCI-E 3.0 SSD (x2 - 1 dedicated for MSFS; another for the OS and everything else) | Ethernet network connection being used | 32" 1440P IPS, 165 Hz, G-Sync compatible (range: 20 Hz to 165 Hz) monitor | Currently using Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, with CH rudder pedals. Plan to upgrade all to Honeycomb|